LG Sells 10 Million L-Series Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

kensingtron

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
I'm interested in what they consider the "me too" products are and what "manufacturers are putting all their eggs into a one-size-fits-all phone". As far as I'm aware apple is really the only one-size-fits-all company, even so they have a range of generations you can purchase. All other major phone manufacturers seem to have a huge range of sizes/styles/price points available.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
I agree with Kensingtron. The one-size-fits-all is relative to the point of view. Samsung has a wide range of phones and so other companies have different phones with different sizes. Even MetroPCS offers some midrange phone with different screen sizes and styles. I got the SGS III recently. Well.....coming from the Samsung Caliber (which is one of the few that has a resistitive touch screen and loved that feature, like more precise handwritting) and the few apps available, the change is like night and day. I had other options but decided to go for the best, though if they had the Note II I would have gotten that one or the ATIV with Windows Phone 8

G

Think marketing. Samsung spends the a huge proportion of its marketing budget on Galaxy and Note.

Status
Not open for further replies.