LG Shows Gorgeous Curved OLED and Ultra HD Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 84 inch multi touch screen at 4K60P resolution is just crazy. TV tech is moving fast again, love it. I wonder if we can get something like MS Kinect built into that TV? Would be pretty crazy re-sizing windows on a screen that big with hand gestures.

Daedalus12

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
As cool as the ability to make curved screens is, I don't see the point to it for the average consumer. Though I could see companies using them in certain advertisement displays I suppose...

It's exciting to Ultra HD broadcasting is making headroom. That's going to be needed to help drive Ultra HD TV's, and eventually get them down to my price point!

synoptic12

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
For the near future, the bottleneck is better picture quality will remain where it's always been: with the video's gatekeepers, the cable and satellite companies. They won't talk about it, but to squeeze more channels into their available bandwidth, both industries regularly compress their channels to the point where both standard- and high def picture quality often suffer- no matter how good the source material is.

amstech

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Cosmin, LG has very durable products, especially HDTV's. While I agree Samsung is very good, LG is not far behind, if at all.

hitman400

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
If 4k resolution ever becomes mainstrain, GPU technicians better come up with a new cooling solution quick, or we'll get knocked back to the 80s or 90s running Pong at 4k res.

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
"The unique new EA9800 model features the industry’s very first curved screen ergonomic design with full CINEMA 3D support," LG said on Tuesday. "With a gentle inward flex, the entire screen surface is equidistant from the viewer’s eyes, removing the problem of screen-edge visual distortion and detail loss"

Isn't that assuming only one viewer?

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]hitman400[/nom]If 4k resolution ever becomes mainstrain, GPU technicians better come up with a new cooling solution quick, or we'll get knocked back to the 80s or 90s running Pong at 4k res.[/citation]
unfortunetately, as pc gamers, we've been getting the back end of the stick with the shitty monitors that we get. seriously, ips 120hz 2ms 24" ALL I ASK FOR

instead im getting curved oled 55" and super large 4k touchscreen tvs. we get no attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.