Question LG tv always go in black after closing a game, now it kinda freezed in black window

Kellerman88

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
Hi 🙂 My tv went in black today excactly when i exit rdr2 to desktop, when i exit games the tv goes in black for one second then normal pics coming, guess thats normal?

But today it never went back after exiting the game, could not toutch anything on tv remote, turning on and off with tv remote didnt help, and i had to unplug the power cable on the tv to get back the picture, my pc was on desktop and had no sign of problems.

This is a LG oled tv and i use XFX rx 6950 xt with my pc, could this be related to grapic card or is it possible that the tv could just freeze? Anyone experienced the same before or know what it could be?

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to see if relocating to another wall outlet for your TV changes the issue. As for your TV itself, might want to see if there's a firmware update pending for the panel. You mentioned it to be an LG OLED TV but if you look at LG's portfolio, they have a lot of panels that are OLED. Which one do you have?

Curious though, what are the specs to your build? Please list them like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU if it's been in service for a while. BIOS version for your motherboard would be a good bit info to add as well.

Hi 🙂 My tv went in black today excactly when i exit rdr2 to desktop, when i exit games the tv goes in black for one second then normal pics coming, guess thats normal?

But today it never went back after exiting the game, could not toutch anything on tv remote, turning on and off with tv remote didnt help, and i had to unplug the power cable on the tv to get back the picture, my pc was on desktop and had no sign of problems.

This is a LG oled tv and i use XFX rx 6950 xt with my pc, could this be related to grapic card or is it possible that the tv could just freeze? Anyone experienced the same before or know what it could be?
Momentary blackness on TVs usually occurs when the TV is changing resolution and/or refresh rate. What are your resolution and refresh rate settings when you're playing your game and what are the TV's default settings? A significant difference between them would explain the momentary blackness as its changing modes. But its getting stuck while changing modes might indicate a circuitry problem e.g. it became confused. Or maybe it got stuck from overheating.

Kellerman88

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
You might want to see if relocating to another wall outlet for your TV changes the issue. As for your TV itself, might want to see if there's a firmware update pending for the panel. You mentioned it to be an LG OLED TV but if you look at LG's portfolio, they have a lot of panels that are OLED. Which one do you have?

Curious though, what are the specs to your build? Please list them like so:
CPU: i5 13600
CPU cooler: cooler master 360ml aio
Motherboard: ASUS tuf 760b
Ram: 32gb ddr3 3600
SSD/HDD: 2 tb western digital 3000mb
GPU: rx 6950xt
PSU: ASUS TUF 850w
Chassis: cooler master td500
Monitor: LG oled 2021 c1 4K 120fps
include the age of the PSU if it's been in service for a while. BIOS version for your motherboard would be a good bit info to add as well.
I added information in your post :)
Age is just a month old on pc and tv is 1 year old since i bought it new.

Kellerman88

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
Momentary blackness on TVs usually occurs when the TV is changing resolution and/or refresh rate. What are your resolution and refresh rate settings when you're playing your game and what are the TV's default settings? A significant difference between them would explain the momentary blackness as its changing modes. But its getting stuck while changing modes might indicate a circuitry problem e.g. it became confused. Or maybe it got stuck from overheating.
I dont know how i can make it stop to do momentary blackness, i try to use 4K 60fps in all my games but it still do it in every title im starting. Is it a way to lock the tv in 60fps or possible to lock the Windows into it, if that help with the blackness?

It havent got stuckt after that one time, guess it must be a tv issue? And could it randomly happen sometimes or do it indicate that something is wrong? Doubt it overheats since i barley used it for 30 min and the room temp was only 21c. If it isnt a internal issue offcorse not easy to tell, tv been working fine except from that one time it got stuckt and had to pull the power cable to make it work again.

I dont know how i can make it stop to do momentary blackness, i try to use 4K 60fps in all my games but it still do it in every title im starting. Is it a way to lock the tv in 60fps or possible to lock the Windows into it, if that help with the blackness?

It havent got stuckt after that one time, guess it must be a tv issue? And could it randomly happen sometimes or do it indicate that something is wrong? Doubt it overheats since i barley used it for 30 min and the room temp was only 21c. If it isnt a internal issue offcorse not easy to tell, tv been working fine except from that one time it got stuckt and had to pull the power cable to make it work again.
You could check your Windows Settings, System, Display, Advanced Display settings to make sure its set for 60Hz. You could also check the settings for your game to see if there's a way to prevent it from refreshing the screen or resyncing the screen when the game starts and ends. But this may be the game designer's way of saying they want everything perfect for them and they don't care what happens before and after the game.

(Sometimes it may just be impossible to stop this from happening. I know that every time I open the Netflix app it will reset the screen even though its already set for the proper resolution and 60Hz rate. The Netflix app will also override the Dolby Access software but that's another issue. I guess its just poor programming on the app designer's part).

TRENDING THREADS