Question LG TV rollback software update?

IncredibleHat

Commendable
Apr 15, 2020
Anyone happen to know how (or if its even possible) to rollback to a prior software version set for the LG Smart TVs (specifically a 2020 OLED UHD webOS tv)?

I have both software.zip files from LG's website... the new horrible one they just pushed on us that I mistakenly allowed the TV to update too, and the prior one I believe my TV was running with where the sun was shining, and the world spun correctly counter clockwise.

New: Software File(Version 03.21.75).zip
Prior: Software File(Version 03.21.36).zip

I know its a shot in the dark, seems a very niche question... and LG has failed to respond to my tickets about it.

IncredibleHat

Commendable
Apr 15, 2020
Actually "my woes" are that streaming videos (Prime Video app) are dodgy. They keep dropping into the super-low-res modes... tries to get back to normal... falls into low res.

However if I watch on my HTPC (same network, goes through the same switch even as the tv) with chrome or edge... not a single issue with low quality streaming. Also, the TV worked great for the last 4 months I've had it.

Now, three days of garbage streaming... day and night. sigh ..... gotta be that update I got sunday.

CParsons

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Another lucky guy who after LG TV software update caught ads in built-in menus?

Sigh, this seems new upcoming trash trend like freemium in games. Seems we should start to ban smart TVs at whole. I hope that some TV manufacturers will start to make TVs as monitors without any smart component inside.

Should be able to PiHole that. I mean, not that you should have to but likely can.

IncredibleHat

Commendable
Apr 15, 2020
I guess I'm going to have to just switch back to the HTPC and Chrome to watching streaming video for the next 4 months until LG push another new update they don't test ;)