Question LG TV stays blank with geforce 970 gtx at windows login

Jul 16, 2019
Hey ,

I have a Problem that i am trying to fix for 3 straight Days and i don´t know what to do anymore.

First, here are my Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.190612-0600)
Gigabyte Technology Z97X-Gaming GT
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
16384MB RAM
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 --> Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

I have been working with these Specs and a LG TV(LG47LH4900-ZD)for over 4 years. I had the occasional blank screen at startup,
but nothing a restart of both TV or Pc didn ´t fix.

3 Weeks ago i was forced to use a Samsung TV(UE55F6640SSXXN ver 10), and when i first connected the Pc the Resolution Scaling was off.
It was still 1920 x 1080 (p) but the edges and everything else was off. So i worked a bit and scaled the Resolution back until it fit the Samsung TV.
My resolution was lower for 3 Weeks. i am not sure but i might have changed from 1920 x 1020 p to i in Samsung settings, because the Picture was too grainy.

Then I came back to my LG TV(which was working fine for years) .
When booting up i had a picture until you enter the Windows Login Screen(i guess there the win resolution takes over) and i was left with a blank Screen.

I found a Thread similar to my Problem( which is not solved to this day it looks like) , but everything i tried from there did not work.
Mostly pulling out the cable , and pluging back in different ports , trying new cable or setting TV to Blu ray Input , reinstalling drivers with ddu, etc.

Since then i tried playing with different resolutions and setups , then reinstalling windows.

I can run the Pc with a 800x600 resolution on my LG TV , BUT ONLY if my nvidia drivers are not installed.
As soon as i install any Version of a Nvidia Driver my TV stays blank as soon as the Login screen appears.

I tried resetting Graphic card Settings to Factory Defaults, but nothing. Is there a way to do a hard Reset of the Graphic card? a Switch on the card or anything?

What i find strange is that now if i try to connect to any other TV( even the Samsung i used for 3 weeks) i have the same Problem,
a blank screen when having any drivers for my Geforce installed.

Then i tried to somehow get back to the 1080 p, but the LG TV has no Settings for this. Just the aspect Ratio , and even there some Settings are grayed out like the just scan option.
Only 16:9 and 4:3 works, and there is no setting to change from p to i.

I am absolutely no Expert in Tv´s but can it be that when i set up my PC on the Samsung with another Resolution, that EVEN AFTER the Factory Reset the card has
memorized this? For example the changing from 1080 p to i?

I am at a loss since a normal Pc Monitor works fine, and when i try different Nvidia Settings to find the Right Resolution for my LG TV , nothing works
, just uninstalling the nvidia drivers.

Sorry for the lengthy Post but ,any help would be appreciated, because i don´t know what to do anymore.

Thanks in Advance

ASK THE COMMUNITY