[SOLVED] LG Ultragear 27GL850-B 27 -- a white line just rises up from the bottom?

Pcnowork

Reputable
Jun 17, 2020
I received my ultragear 27GL850-B and I noticed there's a white line that rises from the bottom and stops a 1/2 an inch from the bottom . I thought it was just the monitor then I noticed it happening on my other monitor which is a LG W2343 its old but odds that the same defect 0n both is null right? anyways I managed to get a video of it is sorry about the quality

its hard too see

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhTZIBRAzNs&ab_channel=RichardCampbell

Last edited:
Solution
That is a very well regarded monitor so odd it has this many issues. Did you still have both monitors connected when you checked on that line that was happening? I could not tell much from the video, maybe get a second opinion from a friend/relative that knows a bit about screens that can be there to see it in person vs going by a camera recording.

Pcnowork

Reputable
Jun 17, 2020
Try another cable, try another video out port on the computer. Sounds like you are using two monitors, you had no issues when you had one connected? Test them one at a time. Are you using any adapters/converters?
[/QUO
I tried different cables same problem so the only thing left is the graphics card (980ti) or my eyes are going bad,

I tried different cables same problem so the only thing left is the graphics card (980ti) or my eyes are going bad,

I took at look at the video, did not see any line going across, does this happen when there is motion on the screen or is it a line going up and moving on the the screen like you see on VCR tapes? Is it just a brighter strip than the rest of the screen? It may also be the back-light bleed if it's just a brighter area and not actually a white strip of pixels.

Pcnowork

Reputable
Jun 17, 2020
I took at look at the video, did not see any line going across, does this happen when there is motion on the screen or is it a line going up and moving on the the screen like you see on VCR tapes? Is it just a brighter strip than the rest of the screen? It may also be the back-light bleed if it's just a brighter area and not actually a white strip of pixels.
yeah it's like 80's VHS tape line slowly moving up during movement it only goes up 2 cm and stops and its not white pixels more like a glowing line. also did a IPS bleed test I'm no expert but the results look bad View: https://imgur.com/a/U1oIuSD
the camera makes it look a lot worse

Last edited:
That is a very well regarded monitor so odd it has this many issues. Did you still have both monitors connected when you checked on that line that was happening? I could not tell much from the video, maybe get a second opinion from a friend/relative that knows a bit about screens that can be there to see it in person vs going by a camera recording.

Solution

Pcnowork

Reputable
Jun 17, 2020
At this point I'm guessing it's just my eyes I have keratoconus I guess I didn't notice it until I got my new monitor and or there is a possibility there could be a small defect that my eye disease is amplifying. so yeah problem solve. When I finally get someone down here to take a look then well then I know the truth. I got three years warranty so it's no big deal.