Question LG ultragear LG 27GN750-B intermittent screen blackout

aymanfarshid94

Honorable
Feb 5, 2018
Hello, I recently purchased a used 240hz monitor of LG ultragear LG 27GN750-B and it is perfectly fine during desktop and browsing. I ve been playing Valorant, initially there was no issue playing at 1440 x 1080 (4:3) @ 240hz in game, all low settings both with freesync on/off using monitor OSD, GPU scaling was set on ON in AMD control panel and scaling mode as preserve aspect ratio.

Recently as of now, I changed the material quality in game to high, a lot of screen flickering (as in it just goes black interminently and then comes back) been happening too many times, during agent select or sometimes mid game even and in a fast paced shooter this can get really annoying. I am assuming this is more likely because of the settings change and as a result drop in FPS.

However, even before on on all low, I didnt touch 240fps consistently and there was no issue like this except when maybe in the agent select but it used to happen regularly in single player games or fornite and I just gave up.

Currently, I have the changed it to 144hz in the adapter display in windows, GPU scaling OFF and freesync off and seems to be okay. I saw one blackout for a millisecond but apart from that no issues.

Pls help me out here on this

Specs - i7-7700 / 16GB (2 x 8GB) RAM / XFXX RX580 8GB / OS AND VALORANT ON M.2 SSD / ADRENALIN VERSION 22.9.2 (GONNA UPDATE TO 22.10.1) connection on HDMI cable

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
What you can do, is try with another, known to work monitor. If issues remain, issue is with your PC. If issues go away, issue is with your monitor.

Then again:
purchased a used 240hz monitor

Buying used stuff means that you get them "as is", with all their faults. And if there are any (which is most likely, since else-ways, why to put it on the sale 1st place), you're stuck with the issues it has. This is the downside of buying "cheap" used hardware.

If you do not want these kind of "issues", don't buy used stuff. Buy brand new stuff instead.

aymanfarshid94

Honorable
Feb 5, 2018
What you can do, is try with another, known to work monitor. If issues remain, issue is with your PC. If issues go away, issue is with your monitor.

Then again:

Buying used stuff means that you get them "as is", with all their faults. And if there are any (which is most likely, since else-ways, why to put it on the sale 1st place), you're stuck with the issues it has. This is the downside of buying "cheap" used hardware.

If you do not want these kind of "issues", don't buy used stuff. Buy brand new stuff instead.

hello Aeacus, thanks for your quick response. i understand, i will keep it in mind moving forward. have a nice day :D

Reactions: Aeacus