LG UltraWide 29" Monitor. Is it worth it?

Tiiberiius

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
So Christmas is around the corner and I was looking to get either an LG UltraWide 29" Monitor or a new TV. Right now I have an ASUS VN247H-P 23.6" monitor (which I love), but I've heard great things about the LG UltraWide monitors and I'm unsure if I want to drop $400 on it. I'm a big PC gamer and play a variety of games although at the moment I mostly play FIFA 15 which doesn't support 21:9 aspect ratio monitors. Anyways what do you guys think. Is the LG UltraWide 29" monitor worth it or should I just stick with my current monitor and get a new TV?

Solution
Ultrawide monitor are not a thing for gaming, its more for productivity. If you want a better monitor, get a cheap korean 27" 1440p monitor for about $350, i recently bought one, and its great!. But the choise is yours, if you spend more time on the pc than watching the tv, i would say its worth it. Also you need at least a mid range gpu, something like an amd 280x

nucolos

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
Ultrawide monitor are not a thing for gaming, its more for productivity. If you want a better monitor, get a cheap korean 27" 1440p monitor for about $350, i recently bought one, and its great!. But the choise is yours, if you spend more time on the pc than watching the tv, i would say its worth it. Also you need at least a mid range gpu, something like an amd 280x

Solution

Tiiberiius

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012

Thanks for the quick response. I'm still going to think about my options but your opinion helped me out, and I have a gtx 780 so I doubt I would have any problem