LG Ultrawide going black

sosu.stefan

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
hey. so I bought an LG 34UC79G-B , 144hz, 34 inch, curved ultrawide monitor which also has freesync. My pc has an rx 480 8gb and an i5 6402P with 8 gb ram, a 250gb ssd and a 1tb hdd.
If I use the monitor with the cable included in the box which is a display port to display port cable, the monitor keeps going black , then going back to normal , so on and so forth, the cable is not broken, I've even bought a new one from a local hardware shop and that one does the same thing aswell. I've tried returning my monitor, and the second monitor I've got did the same.

I've got my video card in early 2017, in january. I've also tried the monitor with the same cable on my brother's pc which has a gtx 960 4gb and an i5 6400 and it worked perfectly for him, I also tried his monitor on my rig (BenQ XL2411) and it worked perfectly on 144hz, the BenQ's cable is DVI to DVI. Then I bought a Display port to DVI cable, which is male on both sides, I've tried using it with the ultrawide on both pcs and on both pcs it said no signal even if it was on the display port tab (plugged the display port into the monitor). After that I've tried the same dvi display port cable with the benq xl2411 monitor, plugged the dvi into the monitor and display port into pc, it worked perfectly but the cable didn't support 144hz but only 60hz.

I've used the rx 480 8gb for mining for about ~40 days being on almost 24/7 and in the day I was using it aswell, before the ultrawide I was using some 2008 crappy monitor that I've bought used for ~20 usd

If you guys need any more details, or I missed out on saying something important please let me know and I will respond as soon as I can. Thanks in advance for all the answers, have a good one!