Question LG V20 | No OS | No TWRP | Really Need Help

BatSloth

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
So I was given the task of trying to put the OS back on this LG V20 ( VS995 ). When it was given to me it had TWRP, but since then I am unable to get to it.
TWRP kept saying no OS.
I can get it to boot to download mode but then the screen turns to static.
I can get it to boot to fastboot mode which brings up a bunch of really really small text.
I am able to charge it through my PC ( as in my PC knows it works as does the phone itself ), but the boot never happens. I can not get it to do anything at the moment and am in need of help.

Edit: I have now found out that I can find, under the Devices and Printers through Windows, is an "Unspecified" category with one item named Android

Last edited:

BatSloth

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
stick with 1 thread
Alright so this is going to be a lot since I don't know the exact past of the phone.

Yesterday my dad gave me a couple of phones, an LG V20 (broken) and an LG V10(worken).
I like the V10, but its current android version is 6.0. I am used to 8.0.
This V20 (when handed to me) had ONLY TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project). No OS or anything.
Since then, me being new to this whole rooting thing, I flashed the incorrect image of TWRP on to it(Misread the model number) and now nothing works.
My computer doesn't even know what the phone is. It detects it, but only calls it Android and it can not be used( Provided in pictures)
When I try to power it on it will stay vibrating unless I plug it into a computer. I can get it to launch to both FastBoot and Download mode (providing pictures) and I am just not sure what to do about.

If you need any more information just ask. Again I am new to dealing with the whole rooting process so I am not sure what is important. None of the information on the phone is important and I am willing to delete anything on it to get it working.
Thanks in Advance!

Edit: The V20's model number is LG-VS995

Pictures

Last edited: