Jack Hamstar

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015
Hello,

I recently got an LG27GK750F - B with a defect. When turned on the screen turns on but the display is full white. The menu does not show up when you use the little nob on the bottom, but you can use the nob to turn the display on and off. The person whom I got it from said that he left it on for a day and when he came back from work it was like this. I opend it up looking for blown capacitors or something, but didn't find any. I did notice a slight buzzing sound comping from the pcb near the, what looks like a, control chip.
I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if anyone knows anything I could try. If I know for sure where the problem is I can also see if it is worth buying a new part.
I am open to any suggestions!
Thank you in advance!

- Jack Hamstar

Solution
Known problem with that model according to buyer reviews --- white screen after about a year.
Apparently requires new mainboard but cost of new one makes no financial sense, plus what's to stop it happening again a year later?

New monitor makes much more sense. Read buyer reviews before choosing.
Personally not a fan of LG stuff -- cheap for a reason.
Known problem with that model according to buyer reviews --- white screen after about a year.
Apparently requires new mainboard but cost of new one makes no financial sense, plus what's to stop it happening again a year later?

New monitor makes much more sense. Read buyer reviews before choosing.
Personally not a fan of LG stuff -- cheap for a reason.

Solution