Feb 19, 2019
Hello folks!

While i was reseating my cpu for cleaning my mobo from dust i've noticed that it has some bent pins but my pc working fine (dual channel ram + pci e working full speed) so my question is what else this bent pins can make something not working properly other than i mentioned here?

Another question;
Should i screw the nails of GPU backplate that holds the full heatsink so hard or normal screw? cuz i screwed them hard and the screws got lean and seems like i can't screw them anymore! i did that because i wanted to make best contact between the heatsink and the core..so was that right or wrong?

Thanks and sorry for bad english.

Solution
Sounds like you've stripped those two screws. Screw in snug, but not super tight. So I'd say that's what you're saying normal, not super hard. Hopefully those two actually grabbed and are making contact, or you will have issues.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
There are some unused, some ground etc - so there's no guarantee that a bent pin is a 'functional' pin.
Power delivery etc, all happens via pins. Some bent pins will result in noticeable issues, others will not.

I've re-read your second question 5 times now, but I still don't understand what you're asking? If you've stripped the screw and the cooler is no longer making proper contact with the GPU die, that is a problem.

Feb 19, 2019
2hnb3as.jpg

I am referring to this screw holes that holds the heatsink to the PCB and GPU die. I was changing thermal paste after i done i screwed the nails hard and 2 of them got soft (like i can't screw or unscrew them anymore..the screwdriver twist for nothing) you know what i mean now? So for best contact between heatsink and die should i screw hard or normal?