LGA 1151 or LGA 2011-V3

Aug 13, 2015
I am going to build a new rig in the future, and I am wondering which of the two sockets are better. I didn't put this under motherboards, but they tie into this as well.
Right now, for the 1151 I would get an i7 6700k, and for the 2011 I would get an i7 5820k. On the CPU side, I am leaning toward the newer series, but on the mobo side, I am leaning toward the 5820k because of the x99. I really want x99 because it seems that most of the better motherboards are x99. So should I just go with the i7 6700k, or get the 5820k but have the pleasure of an x99?

Yes, I realize I could go with an i7 6800k, but that costs 100$ more.

Solution
Depends, if you mainly game, z170 will save you money for more important things. If you do video editing as well, six cores are better than four.
Aug 13, 2015

Well, are more cores better for 4k or Sli gaming? What are their pros?
And this is meant for gaming. I might start a youtube and just video edit those videos, but I'm not going to be making a movie lol.
This question isn't directed to CPU's, mainly toward the motherboards. I could live with the less cores as I'll be gaming, but the motherboard is my main concern.

One more question. How do people get the top of the line PC's? And when I say top of the line, I mean the best possible rig. Of course the youtuber's like Pauls Hardware, Linus, and Jay have sponsors and their work is in technology, but I am talking about regular people. I see people having dual 980 ti's or dual 1080's with x99 motherboards...

Aug 13, 2015
And another question. So some CPU's have 24 PCIe lanes, others have more, etc. I have heard that this effects how SLI works on your PC, and it the lanes are too low you can only support a specific number of graphics cards?

TRENDING THREADS