Question LGA 1700 bracket Nightmare

A4G

Jan 18, 2023
I cant even find a good Air CPU cooler with LGA1700 Bracket 💀
all good & affordable Air cooler that available in my country doesn't have LGA1700 bracket, and i don't want to order online from amazon or newegg etc... as the shipping and tax is much higher in the country where I'm located

Can i just get an LGA 1700 bracket kit from Galahad kit for example or any 1700 kit that being sold separately and place it with the cooler i want to get ?

Hard to say what coolers you are looking at. All coolers I have seen that are designed to function on a lga1700 based cpu come with the proper bracket.

If you buy a stock intel fan those do not need brackets and use special pressure fit screws that just attach to the holes in the motherboard.

The adapters for almost every cooler is unique. The bracket in addition to connecting it to the motherboard many time also directly affects how the cooler fits to the cpu chip. They are pretty much incomparable between coolers.

What exact model cooler do you want to use.

LGA1700 brought two changes to mounting requirements.
  1. The mounting holes are wider spaced. Some motherboards will have two sets of holes. Or, some coolers have flexible pins that can fit in the older holes.
  2. The height of lga1700 processors has lessened. Even if you can handle the hole spacing issue,
you will not get the proper pressure on the cpu chip.

Any major cooler maker will have a lga1700 mounting kit available for their coolers. Many, like noctua will offer it for free. Others will have a modest charge like $10.

What is the prospective processor?
If you are buying a non K suffix processor, it will come with an adequate stock cooler.

What are some good and affordable coolers you can buy?