[SOLVED] LGA1556 CPU upgrade options

Mar 24, 2019
Hi, this is my "rig", although I'm not sure it can be called that:

i5-750 2.66 GHz
Gigabyte P55-UD3 mobo
GTX 1050Ti OC
16 GB DDR3

I'm in a similar situation to this guy, except my setup is weaker in all respects (esp. considering the ancient mobo with the discontinued socket). I am definitely bottlenecked by the CPU in R6 Siege and similar newer games. What's the best CPU upgrade that I can stick in this piece of junk? What sort of performance boost can I expect from something like the Xeon x3480? Would it even be worth it?
Thank you very much.

Solution
Here's a list of your CPU's for your mobo click. Go for an i7. Look on aliexpress or ebay, normally aliexpress is cheaper, if you don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks for delivery (depending on where you're ofc). I would personally go for the i7-875K, then you can overclock it, look for Youtube tutorial on how to do so.
Mar 24, 2019
Here's a list of your CPU's for your mobo click. Go for an i7. Look on aliexpress or ebay, normally aliexpress is cheaper, if you don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks for delivery (depending on where you're ofc). I would personally go for the i7-875K, then you can overclock it, look for Youtube tutorial on how to do so.

Solution