[SOLVED] LGA1700 on an Old Cabinet!

Hello Everyone,

I have to say the world of desktop computers have passed me by in the past decade. So I was wondering, I have an old Cooler Master CM690 cabinet and few other spare parts lying around the house. So my question was, can a brand new slick LGA1700 fit into that, like say Asus ROG Strix Z690-F?

Just wanted to know if the screws would align in the older case and all.

Its been a while since I have done a build from scratch.

Solution
Hello Everyone,

I have to say the world of desktop computers have passed me by in the past decade. So I was wondering, I have an old Cooler Master CM690 cabinet and few other spare parts lying around the house. So my question was, can a brand new slick LGA1700 fit into that, like say Asus ROG Strix Z690-F?

The motherboard form factors have stayed the same so yes a ATX or mATX board.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello Everyone,

The motherboard form factors have stayed the same so yes a ATX or mATX board.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Love those CM690 series, I had the 690 II Advanced. Great airflow case and the cheapo CM 140mm blue clear led fan was better than many others I tried.

It's a bigger ATX standard case. You can basically stick anything in there excepting E-ATX type motherboards. The only thing to watch for is standoff placements when changing motherboard form factors.

Reactions: hell_storm2004