LGA775 Bottleneck GTX 1050ti?

BMatyas

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Will all cpus bottleneck gtx 1050ti on lga 775?(thinking about modding 771 xeons too)
if possible i want to keep my motherboard

Or just upgrade to a newer socket?

Solution
Socket 775, while good when it was current, is quite dated by modern standards. Those CPUs are going to choke on modern games and other current CPU intensive applications. They will also limit the capabilities of modern GPUs when used with them, to some extent. The extent will vary a bit depending on the CPU paired with it.

It is time to let go of Socket 775 for all but the most basic of uses.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Socket 775, while good when it was current, is quite dated by modern standards. Those CPUs are going to choke on modern games and other current CPU intensive applications. They will also limit the capabilities of modern GPUs when used with them, to some extent. The extent will vary a bit depending on the CPU paired with it.

It is time to let go of Socket 775 for all but the most basic of uses.

Solution

TwilightRavens

Reputable
Mar 17, 2017
I mean IPC wise the Yorkfield ones are on par with AMD’s Bulldozer, but they don’t clock as nearly as high. They make great budget gaming rigs but don’t expect to play any high end AAA games above low-medium settings (can verify, got a Xeon X3230 which is the same thing as the Q6700 overclocked to 3.2GHz and it plays gta v on normal at about 35-45 fps with a gtx 1050 (non ti)). Also 775 CPU’s will bottleneck anything above a GTX 480, 570, and 750 ti to a pretty decent extent just to give you an idea from each price range.