LG's Xnote Z330 is the Thinnest Ultrabook Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Unless the prices come down to sub $1000 for respectable configurations, there's no way these things will capture the 40% market share as hoped by Intel.

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Change the crappy intel graphics, put an E-450 fusion and you have a real "ultrabook". Enough cpu performance, better and hassle free gpu and more important, $200-250 cheaper.

G

How the hell do you fit 13.3" worth of screen into a 12" space?

RealJames

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]jiyung[/nom]LG doing laptops o_o That's nice.[/citation]

They have for a while, just kept them domestic mostly for a while.
They're generally quite good actually, amazing displays.

Richeemxx

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
[citation][nom]Wut[/nom]How the hell do you fit 13.3" worth of screen into a 12" space?[/citation]

Possibly because a 13.3" diagonal screen is less than 12" wide!

I like the ASUS ultrabook and would love to add one to my collection of toys but the price to performance here is just ridiculous. These LG's look nice and all but I don't see many people buying them at that high a premium.

spookie

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
"measuring just
0.5787-inches" why don't you use milimeters? Uhg America can say what they want, but they are still behind...

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]spookie[/nom]"measuring just0.5787-inches" why don't you use milimeters? Uhg America can say what they want, but they are still behind...[/citation]
They do use millimeters. In Korea, they use metric. It's just for the American marketing.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
@Kyuuktesuki

You are aware that there are 1920 x 1080 13.1" screens, right? You can get one in a Sony Z series book as well as some Dell machines in that size.

And I can't find definite proof on this, but I'd be surprised if LG wasn't the OEM for some/all of those panels.

If I'm paying 1500 dollars for a machine like this it better have something that you can't get anywhere else. You can't get a matte screen on a Macbook Air. But you should be able to elsewhere.

[citation][nom]spookie[/nom]"measuring just0.5787-inches" why don't you use milimeters? Uhg America can say what they want, but they are still behind...[/citation]
most of us here in America would love to switch over! The whole inches/feet/miles and Fahrenheit measurements do not make any sense at all!

f-gomes

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
[citation][nom]Nintendork[/nom]Change the crappy intel graphics, put an E-450 fusion and you have a real "ultrabook". Enough cpu performance, better and hassle free gpu and more important, $200-250 cheaper.[/citation]

Wut???

I am an AMD fan, but man, if you think an E450 can satisfy an ultrabook demographic, you got one of 2 things wrong. Either you underestimate what an ultrabook should be, or you have an optimistic sense of what an E450 is able (and designed) to do.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Why do they make them like macbook air look-a-likes? i mean use a different colour scheme at least![/citation]
Some might say the Macbook Air is a Toshiba Portege look-alike, but lets not split hairs seeing as the lie is far more interesting than the truth.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]most of us here in America would love to switch over! The whole inches/feet/miles and Fahrenheit measurements do not make any sense at all![/citation]

speak for yourself. I know I would hate being on the metric system.

madm8bh

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
[citation][nom]ksampanna[/nom]Unless the prices come down to sub $1000 for respectable configurations, there's no way these things will capture the 40% market share as hoped by Intel.[/citation]
New products always carry a premium. I remember 40-42" plasma TVs costing close to 10 grand when they were introduced. Remember those sub 1000.00 doorbuster laptops?

willwayne

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]most of us here in America would love to switch over! The whole inches/feet/miles and Fahrenheit measurements do not make any sense at all![/citation]

At least the Fahrenheit/Rankine scale affords the greater accuracy with the fewest digits. 180* of liquid water versus 100. Small consolation, I know..

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Some might say the Macbook Air is a Toshiba Portege look-alike, but lets not split hairs seeing as the lie is far more interesting than the truth.[/citation]
Didn't ask to be trolled. I meant the colour scheme. Toshiba or Apple, regardless, every manufacturer should have something to distinguish their products. Didn't mean to say "OMG they're copying apple, how bad" i meant, "have an identity".

Like samsung's 9-series or the sony vaio z series. They look friggin awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS