News Lian Li’s O11D EVO XL Hands-On: Roomy and Massively Customizable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantte

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
I love this case layout, unfortunately I have passed on it for my last 5 build or so because I dont like/want the tempered glass. I dont care about looking at the inside of the PC, RGB or anything else; I want silent and unseen. Wish they would make a version of this case with aluminum panels instead of glass.

Reactions: PEnns

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Oh, my poor back... what a cumbersome looking case. The original Evo is big enough.
An Evo version of the Mini could be more popular than a XL, but I could see the upright gpu options being much more limited.

Reactions: gg83

DougMcC

Reputable
Sep 16, 2021
I love this case layout, unfortunately I have passed on it for my last 5 build or so because I dont like/want the tempered glass. I dont care about looking at the inside of the PC, RGB or anything else; I want silent and unseen. Wish they would make a version of this case with aluminum panels instead of glass.
+1. I wish someone, anyone would hear us. Please, please give us case/components for silent and invisible builds.

Edit: this could make a great tom's article btw .... 'the best rgb-free noise-free build'.

Reactions: Dantte and PEnns

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
+1. I wish someone, anyone would hear us. Please, please give us case/components for silent and invisible builds.

Edit: this could make a great tom's article btw .... 'the best rgb-free noise-free build'.

Amen!! Enough with the silly vomming unicorns inside those boxes!! Give us silence instead.

And yet, many "expert" reviews view lack of colored puke as a negative!

Reactions: Dantte

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
I want to see all the rgb's with excellent airflow and a reasonable price. I leave the side panel off my shoty ibuypower case because it gets too hot and the fans scream.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Amen!! Enough with the silly vomming unicorns inside those boxes!! Give us silence instead.

And yet, many "expert" reviews view lack of colored puke as a negative!

And they should. It reduces an option to a consumer and reviews are for a mass audience, which will value either using RGB or having it as an option. You can keep RGB off if you don't like it.

If you want a pickup truck, buy a pickup truck. I don't see the point of complaining that a writer reviewing a sports car didn't call the sports car out for not being able to transport industrial equipment or pull a trailer.

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
And they should. It reduces an option to a consumer and reviews are for a mass audience, which will value either using RGB or having it as an option. You can keep RGB off if you don't like it.

If you want a pickup truck, buy a pickup truck. I don't see the point of complaining that a writer reviewing a sports car didn't call the sports car out for not being able to transport industrial equipment or pull a trailer.

Nonsense. This is a purely cosmetic issue and has no technical bearing on the functionality of the subject at hand.

It's like criticizing Toyota and giving it a minus for not producing cars in gaudy colors!!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Nonsense. This is a purely cosmetic issue and has no technical bearing on the functionality of the subject at hand.

It's like criticizing Toyota and giving it a minus for not producing cars in gaudy colors!!

People very frequently buy things based on purely cosmetic issues or at least have cosmetic issues as a factor. A reviewer should care about the reasons people buy things.

You can't simply switch off the color of a shiny pink car. You can on an RGB fan. The analogy is inapt.

eye4bear

Honorable
Jul 12, 2018
My current rig is in a Corsair 110Q (q for quiet) case because it has no window or circus lighting, plus it has added sound deadening, love how quiet she runs even with three 140mm fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.