[SOLVED] Lian Li 011 Dynamic vs Coolermaster H500P Mesh

Dec 28, 2018
Hey y'all, I'm going to be rebuilding my PC when the Ryzen 3000 series drops, and I'm stuck on cases currently. I just wanted to get some opinions from y'all on these two cases, as I don't have a preference and I care more about thermals than I do aesthetics. My currently build is 8700k OC'd and 2 MSI 1070 ti Titaniums running in SLI, so my case tends to get hot. I'm interesting in AIO coolers, but I've never used one. If you have any other case recommendation, I'm all ears. Thanks!

Solution
The dynamic has pretty mediocre airflow, case temps are @ 2°C better than the fractal R6, but if using the stock fans be prepared for a 40-48db case, vrs the muuuuuch quieter R6. The Dynamic is pretty much built for liquid cooling, not really designed for air, especially air towers, the dynamic doesn't mount a 120mm fan at the back, there is no rear exhaust. Everything is top exhaust. Best results from the 3x fans side mount, bottom mount fans are a disaster blowing directly on the gpu, so don't get much air to the cpu.

View: https://youtu.be/YmYcKg0x4bw
I agree that it really is a sweet looking case, definitely a showroom exhibit, just don't think it'll perform as well as wanted on air. Prolly have...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The dynamic has pretty mediocre airflow, case temps are @ 2°C better than the fractal R6, but if using the stock fans be prepared for a 40-48db case, vrs the muuuuuch quieter R6. The Dynamic is pretty much built for liquid cooling, not really designed for air, especially air towers, the dynamic doesn't mount a 120mm fan at the back, there is no rear exhaust. Everything is top exhaust. Best results from the 3x fans side mount, bottom mount fans are a disaster blowing directly on the gpu, so don't get much air to the cpu.

View: https://youtu.be/YmYcKg0x4bw
I agree that it really is a sweet looking case, definitely a showroom exhibit, just don't think it'll perform as well as wanted on air. Prolly have to wait on an Air version for that.

Reactions: Gmoney06ss
Solution
Yeah, I should have mentioned I'm on a custom loop and that's why the 011 appeals to me. I still love my r6 too, but it's built more for quiet than air flow also. But man that 011 Is SO sexy!! Definitely check out more of gamersnexus case reviews as he goes all out on thermals/airflow/sound!