Question Lian Li 215 "Connect to MB 'RGB_HEADER'"

Dec 20, 2020
Hi,

I just finished building my PC, but my Z390 PRO WIFI mobo isnt able to control the LEDs from the hub on the back of the case that connects all my fans and LEDs separate from the motherboard. I realized then that they provided me a cable with a 3 pin LED female socket instead of a 4 pin LED female socket, as shown in the manual, for the "Connect to MB 'RGB_HEADER'" thats supposed to connect to the motherboard. I plugged the 3 pin anyway and changed the jumper to provide 12 volts as the cable requires but to know avail. Tried it with 5 volts and still nothing. Did they give me the wrong set of wires (3 pin instead of 4 pin) or am i doing something wrong here? If it's wrong, where can i get the correct one (what cable am i supposed to get for the "mb" side of the cable)?

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2020
Nvm, looks like the case has it's own sets of colours and a button for choosing the LED effects. If i want it to sync up with the motherboard, I'm thinking I have to do it without using the hub and connect it straight to the motherboard via a splitter or something.