Lian Li Announces PC-V700, Its Smallest ATX Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

In the bottom-front of the case, intaking air from the bottom, and exhausting out the front. Very similar internal design to the PC-A05N.

friskiest

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Will the PSU exhaust vent directed in the front? If so,. wouldn't the hot PSU exhaust air get sucked in back to the case by the 140mm front fan?

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]flemeister[/nom]In the bottom-front of the case, intaking air from the bottom, and exhausting out the front. Very similar internal design to the PC-A05N.[/citation]
That seems a little shortsighted as far as cooling efficiency goes.. Warm air blown out the lower front, which then rises and gets sucked back into the case by the intake fan infront of the HDD Rack. Well, at least that probably gets offset by the advantage that the PSU draws cooler air from below the case to begin with (unless your PSU has the traditional 80MM fan at the end instead of the bottom) and therefore exhausts air that shouldn't be too warm.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Only to you... each their own. not everyone wants the same case. There are things I don't like in terms of its looks as well - but LianLi cases are super light because of its materials.

[citation][nom]friskiest[/nom]Will the PSU exhaust vent directed in the front? If so,. wouldn't the hot PSU exhaust air get sucked in back to the case by the 140mm front fan?[/citation]
Yep... also, since its a desktop-tower, it means it's blowing warm air onto your arm, etc.

How many of US really need an ATX board? They make CF/SLI boards that are mATX. This is not the 90s in which we needed 6 slots! Pretty much anything I built lately has only 1 card (if that) - a gaming video card. I have a 2nd card, a TV tuner... thats enough.

90's PCs, AT style only came with an AT Keyboard connector. Cards you needed:
1 - I/O card which contains a Ser & Par ports (for mouse and Printers)
2 - IDE controller for 4 drives (Eventually, VLB cards combined 1&2 together to save a slot)
3 - Video card ($80~100, 2D card)
4 - Gaming card ($150 Voodoo1)
5 - Audio card ($100~200)
6 - SCSI card.
7 - Modem card.

Ah... those were the days...! I don't miss them.

I'd rather see a case like that which uses the MATX board (4 slots), put the PSU on the bottom like normal - in the REAR. This leaving room for 2 2.5 Drive bays on the bottom front... LONG GPU cards above the PSU... then a single 5" drive bay and 4 3.5" bays.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]marclee37[/nom]prefer traditional design, such special design won't last long. sufficient space in case allows easy assembling.[/citation]
I don't mind sacrificing assembly ease for a smaller case that is easier to place and less visible. After all, I only need to work on the inside about once a year on average, but then I benefit from it's more compact footprint every day! :)

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]Yep... also, since its a desktop-tower, it means it's blowing warm air onto your arm, etc.[/citation]
hmmm.. people living in cold countries might actually like that..

po1nted

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]Same as Cooler Master Elite 343 just 7 times more expensive... pass.[/citation]

How is this the same as the 343? The 343 has a top mounted power supply, only 4 rear slots and the drive cage is not removable to allow for larger video cards. This does not appear to be anything like the 343.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]po1nted[/nom]How is this the same as the 343? The 343 has a top mounted power supply, only 4 rear slots and the drive cage is not removable to allow for larger video cards. This does not appear to be anything like the 343.[/citation]

Irrelevant for 7 times the price.

twstd1

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
I think you mount the PSU with the exhaust facing the inside of the case that way the hot air will be sucked out of the back and top of the case the way it's designed. It's definitely not a very bright idea for someone that would want to try and cram a top of the line GPU in there because of all that hot air being blown right onto it but I think this would be more suited for the HTPC community where you don't need a high end GPU anyway.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]Same as Cooler Master Elite 343 just 7 times more expensive... pass.[/citation]
Something about the Cooler Master Elite 343 says "I paid 7 times less."

But, $250 does seem a bit much. I could see perhaps $150.

I actually like that case, but while it is shorter then other small ATX cases, it also is DEEPER

For space savings, go with a MATX case like the FT03, just know that it is NOT a good case if you move your pc around lots.

On the topic of power supply heat.

I can not see it being an issue(with modern power supplies running so cool). To be honest the FT03 does the same thing PSU sucks from under the case and blows out the side right near an intake, but I have never even felt hot air from my power supply anyway(the single 120mm fan on top on the other hand pushes plenty of hot air when gaming.).

Similar size to the Antec Sonata cases, but they are taller and less deep, this is shorter and deeper. Still good room for its size(Sonata has limited video options).

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]Irrelevant for 7 times the price.[/citation]

I agree the case is expensive, but this is for those making an ATX build in a smaller form factor. The CM elite 343 uses mATX if i remember correctly.

Having just used another Lian Li case, I have no doubt the quality, fit, and finish will be damn near perfect; however the price is insane. One third to one half those prices would be a lot more reasonable.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]Irrelevant for 7 times the price.[/citation]
You forgot that CM is steel/plastic. Lian is full aluminum.
You forgot that CM is mATX only. Lian is ATX or mATX.
You forgot that CM has USB2.0 front. Lian has 3.0
With that said, I still agree that Lian cases are overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.