Question Lian Li L-Connect 3 Software and Hardware Problems

Haliax68

Commendable
Sep 8, 2022
Hey everyone,

I'm having a weird problem with my Lian Li 240 AIO Gallahad CPU cooler and 5 Uni Fan SL Infinity fans in my computer. I have never had a single problem with it, until now.

Just recently, the Lian Li L-Connect 3 software started having issues. And every time I boot my computer up, all the fans and AIO are Red and Blue, even though I didn't change anything!?!?!

I had my fans and AIO all setup how I wanted with a very specific off white color and pattern of movement. And it's been fine until now. But now, when I turn my computer on, it's all Red and Blue?! When this change happened, and all the lights and fans changed to red and blue, it also asked me to update my software and firmware. So I did that. And it still is not working properly. So I was hoping someone could tell me what is going on, and how to fix this?

EVERY time I turn on my computer now, it's red and blue lights, instead of my normal off white with specific patterns and speed. So I change it to what I want, (also have to change the fan curves every time) and then as soon as I turn off the computer, it reverts back to this red and blue.

AND, I have downloaded and installed the newest versions of Lian Li Connect 3 software, yet the app keeps telling me/showing me that I have to update it still?!?! How is that possible, when I HAVE downloaded and updated?!

And then when I do click on the button that comes up to Download the update, it says it's Sorry, Download File Failed!?!?! And there's nothing wrong with my network or internet connectivity at all.
e.png

d.png

This is super frustrating and Lian Li is impossible to get in touch with. They want the serial number of all my products and purchase receipts?!?! I bought this stuff a year ago. I don't know where the receipts are! And I'm not taking apart the computer just to get the serial number off the products. I don't know what is going on or how to fix it and was hoping someone here would know how to fix this?

Thank you

Here are some photos of the screens that are popping up on my Lian Li Connect 3 Software.
c.png

a.png

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
AND, I have downloaded and installed the newest versions of Lian Li Connect 3 software, yet the app keeps telling me/showing me that I have to update it still?!?! How is that possible, when I HAVE downloaded and updated?!
The software itself is latest, yes. But what it shows to update, is the hardware firmware. Your AIO firmware is v0.8 while latest is v1.4.

Firmware issues are narly, since when they act up, it can brick the hardware. You can look firmware as BIOS on a MoBo. Hardware doesn't work without firmware.

This is super frustrating and Lian Li is impossible to get in touch with. They want the serial number of all my products and purchase receipts?!?! I bought this stuff a year ago. I don't know where the receipts are! And I'm not taking apart the computer just to get the serial number off the products.
Asking for invoice (receipts) is to determinate if your hardware is under warranty. Asking for serial number is even more important since customer support can then send you updated firmware file, which based on their instructions, you can then manually install and update. Thus fix your AIO issues. And if it doesn't help, you can RMA it and get a replacement, cost free.

So, IF you want your AIO to be fixed, you have to open up the PC and get the serial number. That would be bare minimum.

Finding invoice is also important, since your AIO has 5 years of warranty. Now, if you can't provide invoice for the hardware (proof of warranty), Lian-Li isn't obligated to help you. They could do it, if they are nice and you've been polite and respectful with them. Otherwise, no.

Life lesson:
* Always keep your invoices/receipts in safe place and at least as long as the hardware warranty lasts.
* Be polite and respectful with customer support representative.

Now, if you can't locate your invoices and aren't bothered to open up your PC to get the serial number, then only fix is buying new AIO. None of us in the forums can help you, since we don't have the firmware file for your AIO. Only Lian-Li has that.