Question Lian Li Lancool 2 M & C button / rbg strip issue. Defective case?

Oct 3, 2020
I just upgraded to a Lian Li Lancool 2 black case. I got the front lighting strips to work but im having an issue with controlling them. Both strips are green and when i press either of the M & C buttons only the lower half of the left side changes while the top of the left side and entire right side stay green. I couldnt reach the 5v plug on the MB so i have it plugged in via SATA. The manual said this should work, ill just have to control it via the buttons on the case. Could i have connected something wrong or is my case defective?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're unable to reach the connector on your board due to cablemanagement concerns, then I suggest that you try and see if the connector whilst on the board works for you. You might want to remove the strips from the case and have them out if that helps with reaching the connector on the board. Also, make and model of your motherboard?

That way, you can tell if the strips are faulty or if you plugged it in the wrong way. Also, take note of the arrow on the connectors.

Oct 3, 2020
I am using a z390 aorus pro MB. Booted this morning and now the lighting is blue. I still cannot control anything save for the lower half of the left side still. I was able to place the 5v (3 prong) connector on the mb on associate 3 prong LED connectors. Despite being plugged into the PS via SATA the lights power off when unplugged from the MB. I checked all connections to ensure theyre tight.