[SOLVED] Lian Li lancool 2 mesh performance questions!!!

yaboibaron

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017
Hello!, I currently have an nzxt h510 case. i really like the minimalistic design and how small it is, but the cooling is just not there, and my fans get loud in almosst any game due to restricted airflow. The Lian li is probably the next best "minimalistic" design while getting fantastic cooling from what i heard. so i just have a few questions.

1: Will my temps be better and will the case be quieter?
  1. My Ryzen 3700x being cooled by a corsair pro xt AIO currently idles at 50ish and in games goes to 64. will those temps drop?
  2. The biggest killer is my rtx 3080. This baby runs hot and i heard it needs good airflow to keep temps reasonable. in games i get up to 84 with my gpu.

TLDR, I wanna upgrade from NZXT h510 to a Lian Li lancool 2 mesh ONLY IF it will be quieter than my current case and supply much better cooling. Thanks for answering!

Solution
Put the aio to front intake. Buy extra fans and mount em on top of psu shroud as intake for gpu.. Keep top and rear as exhaust. You'll have a nice cool quieter build. It won't be the quietest since it's mesh. But since it will run cooler, it will be noticeably quieter
Put the aio to front intake. Buy extra fans and mount em on top of psu shroud as intake for gpu.. Keep top and rear as exhaust. You'll have a nice cool quieter build. It won't be the quietest since it's mesh. But since it will run cooler, it will be noticeably quieter

Solution

yaboibaron

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017
Yeah my nzxt h510 is really quiet, but once i get in games that are somewhat demanding, my corsair pro aio fans get really loud. and so does my gpu. my idle cpu temps are 50+ which i dont necessarily like because before my 3080, when i had a 2070 super, my idle temps were below 40's. this card just runs too hot to have in this small build and to keep quiet. Thanks for the answer!

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Yeah my nzxt h510 is really quiet, but once i get in games that are somewhat demanding, my corsair pro aio fans get really loud. and so does my gpu. my idle cpu temps are 50+ which i dont necessarily like because before my 3080, when i had a 2070 super, my idle temps were below 40's. this card just runs too hot to have in this small build and to keep quiet. Thanks for the answer!
Haha I can relate to that. I have a 275R hotbox case. I run it without the front panel on because cpu temps go too high lol. I also like a quiet build, but this thin mesh front dust filter doesn't help much with noise :p

yaboibaron

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017
Haha I can relate to that. I have a 275R hotbox case. I run it without the front panel on because cpu temps go too high lol. I also like a quiet build, but this thin mesh front dust filter doesn't help much with noise :p
Yeah im sure the lian li lancool 2 mesh will be just as quiet if not quieter than this current case

TRENDING THREADS