Review Lian Li Lancool 216 Review: The Best for Less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man too bad I did not patent the rear fan over the pcie slots Idea. Had the setup when I was running dual GTX 460s @850.
Mounted a 120mm out back pulling air out of the case. Covered half of the top card ,all of the bottom card and all the pcie slots.
It actually worked well, brought my top card down 7-8c and bottom card 5-6c.

Co BIY

Splendid
I like the bottom left front IO option. Great for a desk mounted tower. Even better would be options to mount it top or bottom and left or right.

Why not a 160mm fan for the PCIe bracket ? Balance BIG with BIG !

I assume this will be available in Black as well.

Last edited:
I like the bottom left front IO option. Great for a desk mounted tower. Even better would be options to mount it top or bottom and left or right.

Why not a 160mm fan for the PCIe bracket ? Balance BIG with BIG !

I assume this will be available in Black as well.
https://www.newegg.com/p/2AM-000Z-000A7
LIAN LI LANCOOL 216 X Mid Tower Computer Case $99.90 Release Date: 12/5/2022

Reactions: Co BIY

Co BIY

Splendid
This seems well thought out. $99 is a good deal and I could see purchasing it even if you don't need EATX capability and 160mm level cooling. Seems crazy to me that LIAN LI considers this a "medium" case.

My next build will not require such a huge case though. i5 and a low-end video card at most.

Can anyone recommend a mid-tower with similar side-IO. That is a great feature.

Reactions: Why_Me

Co BIY

Splendid
https://www.newegg.com/p/2AM-000Z-000A7
LIAN LI LANCOOL 216 X Mid Tower Computer Case $99.90 Release Date: 12/5/2022

I'd like to see a Tom's review of the LIAN LI power supplies and the Desk /Case. The desk case might not be as impractical as it appears.

Reactions: Why_Me
Dec 6, 2022
Where can I buy this case outside of the US? (or ship it from the US to other countries...

Sep 17, 2023
Is it possible to control the fans using the addressable Gen 2 headers on the ASUS motherboards without using the $15 add-on gadget? I have pried into Armoury Crate and AI Suite 3, but neither register that I have any RGB fans at all.

Last edited:

phxrider

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2013
I've built a lot of PCs and decied to try this case for my last one... and it is very impressive. The engineering shows a ton of thought, and you can tell the people who designed it have actually put together PCs.

phxrider

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2013
Is it possible to control the fans using the addressable Gen 2 headers on the ASUS motherboards without using the $15 add-on gadget? I have pried into Armoury Crate and AI Suite 3, but neither register that I have any RGB fans at all.
Yes, you can plug the included hub into an ARGB header as I have done on my B650E-F.

Status
Not open for further replies.