[SOLVED] Lian Li Lancool II Mesh / aio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2020
I heard 360 aio front mounted is bad, I didn't realize lian 2 mesh only can mount 2 fans at the top.

Tempted to return it back and get a different case. I hear 280 aio work good, I'm using ryzen 5 5600x and want to be confident that I get good cooling.

Should I return the case for something different, so I'm able to mount 360 AIO on top? I still can't decide which AIO to get, kraken looks good but the fans rgb don't match the lian.

Solution
I heard 360 aio front mounted is bad, ....
Nonsense.
For best performance, just make sure that where the tubing and the radiator meet, is a bit higher than the pump.

Tempted to return it back and get a different case. I hear 280 aio work good, I'm using ryzen 5 5600x and want to be confident that I get good cooling.
That's is a very nice case.
I would not return it.
By the way, a 280mm AIO is more than enough for Ryzen 5 5600x
I heard 360 aio front mounted is bad, ....
Nonsense.
For best performance, just make sure that where the tubing and the radiator meet, is a bit higher than the pump.

I would not return it.

Solution
Nov 29, 2020
Nonsense.

I would not return it.

so go for 280 or 360 aio? What do you think? I live in NC. House is always cool, never gets hot.

Nov 29, 2020
That case performs very well , either with a radiator on the front or top.
By the way the top supports up to 240mm radiators.

I might just get radiator for front then 360. I know gamer nexus says it's bad to setup radiator in front with the tubes on top but <Mod Edit> it.

the kraken can rotate the cpu so you can put the tubes to where you want, high or low. and pre-thermal paste.

I just need a good aio then, the rgb fans dont match my case but maybe it'll look good having diff front fans?

View: https://youtu.be/2mMBA4lzDvo?t=4700

pause at the time linked here, this radiator tubes are above the cpu, is that how you would want it? no different than it being on top with tubes above? i don't understand gamer nexus video on aio's and which is good and bad ;/

Last edited by a moderator:
I might just get radiator for front then 360. I know gamer nexus says it's bad to setup radiator in front with the tubes on top but <Mod Edit> it.
I don't think you understood GN review of the product. Special since Steve said that is not recommended to install radiators bigger than 280mm.
If you did understand the review, then what's the point of wasting time watching videos and asking for advice?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020
I don't think you understood GN review of the product. Special since Steve said that is not recommended to install radiators bigger than 280mm.
If you did understand the review, the what's the point of wasting time watching videos and asking for advice?

Yeah, i watched it and didn't understand at all...his video shows 360 radiators and talks about flipping them over. did you see the radiator in that vid i link at the time and paused it?

The tubes are above the cpu? so that's fine? I'm not a smart guy, please don't be mean to me, i feel dumb enough and stressing out trying to get this right. spending $1,600 on a pc, just want to make sure I get what's best for me

Yeah, i watched it and didn't understand at all...his video shows 360 radiators and talks about flipping them over. did you see the radiator in that vid i link at the time and paused it?
GN is reviewing the PC case, so several coolers might be shown (air, liquid & different sizes), then you need to listen to what works best on that specific case been reviewed.
If you play the video at 10:15 a recommendation is suggested...then he explains the reasoning.
A liquid cooler might have a life span of 5-6 years before the pump goes or permeation (liquid evaporation) takes place.

Also you need to take in consideration that GN does a thorough review. GN goes over every little tiny aspect that might not be relevant by many of us.

I have installed both air (Scythe Mugen 5 rev. B) and liquid (Corsair & EVGA ) on that case and temps are better than most cases.

Nov 29, 2020
GN is reviewing the PC case, so several coolers might be shown (air, liquid & different sizes), then you need to listen to what works best on that specific case been reviewed.
If you play the video at 10:15 a recommendation is suggested...then he explains the reasoning.
A liquid cooler might have a life span of 5-6 years before the pump goes or permeation (liquid evaporation) takes place.

Also you need to take in consideration that GN does a thorough review. GN goes over every little tiny aspect that might not be relevant by many of us.

I have installed both air (Scythe Mugen 5 rev. B) and liquid (Corsair & EVGA ) on that case and temps are better than most cases.

Ok thanks, I'll get 360 aoi cooler, just need to find out which one to get, idk if matching rgb will be bad since kraken has different fans.

Then look into the rgb controller(pads) that hook all the fans into control the rgb that can control all of them with the software and if its worth getting.

also seen the

• CableMod PRO ModMesh Cable Extension kit? If this is needed or not?

Then find out what ram I need with rgb.

and was told to get tomahawk b550 mobo(idk if it supports the rgb thing that guy in the youtube video tutorial said some mobo's dont support it or not)

Nov 29, 2020

View: https://youtu.be/BbGomv195sk?t=1513

he shows to not mount it with the pump below the radiator on front mount on that time stamp.

I don't know if he means to rotate the pump so the tubes are in a different direction but I didn't see one thing about mounting the radiator without being upside down, having a right way?

View: https://youtu.be/BbGomv195sk?t=1513

he shows to not mount it with the pump below the radiator on front mount on that time stamp.

I don't know if he means to rotate the pump so the tubes are in a different direction but I didn't see one thing about mounting the radiator without being upside down, having a right way?
You are getting it backwards. You should stop watching these videos.
Even without watching the video, the thumbnail shows the main point of the video.

The radiator tubing should be placed higher than the pump, so air bubbles go up to the radiator.
If air bubbles are located in the pump, the heat won't be transferred causing higher temps.
Furthermore, air bubbles would create noise and could contribute to pump early failure.

Also, this might not happen right away, since it takes some time (years) for permeation (liquid evaporating thru the tubing) to happen.

Last edited:

yargd

Commendable
Jan 9, 2021
Pretty much the same. Just different fans and configuration.
The II Mesh has 3x 120mm RGB fans on front.
On the II Mesh Performance they just installed 2x 140mm fans on the front and 1x 120mm on the rear.
Thank you

The lancool 2 is too heavy though ~28lb for the case alone. Is this a problem for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.