Review Lian Li Lancool II Review: Impressive Value and Flexibility

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
hi, my main question on this case is i always end up bending the door or somthing after year or two of use has always been my main issue with cases cause i swap stuff out alot reorganize ect does the magnetic doors help eliminate the common problems of budget cases and doors?

Zak Storey

Prominent
Feb 21, 2019
www.tomshardware.com
hi, my main question on this case is i always end up bending the door or somthing after year or two of use has always been my main issue with cases cause i swap stuff out alot reorganize ect does the magnetic doors help eliminate the common problems of budget cases and doors?

I mean I can't really comment as to its longevity, as we only really get to test each case for 2-3 builds before writing the review, but there's no reason I see why you should damage the windows/doors on it as long as you're careful. With a lot of modern cases, the Lancool II included, you can actually remove the window panels entirely from the chassis, just by lifting it up and off the hinges. In fact I'd recommend you do this before you commence building in it, at any point, just to keep them safe and the case balanced. I was building in the Phanteks Evolv X a while back, took the front most tempered glass panel off, then opened the back panel too, and because the case was empty and the weight was so unevenly distributed the chassis almost fell over off of my work bench. Luckily I caught it before that happened.

As for the bottom doors for the PSU cover/HDD area, I mean it's possible they may warp over time, it's a steel panel so it does have some potential flex in it unlike aluminum, but yes the magnets do help, as you're not trying to line up a thumbscrew or anything to secure it back in place. In fact it just snaps into position quite comfortably. They're strong magnets too, once secured, you can only really open it from a little edge near the front panel with your fingertips. Additionally you can actually remove the bottom most panels as well, however you have to take a screwdriver to the hinges if you want to do that, and there's a risk of ruining the screw thread on those hinges if you do it too often and messing up the panel alignment because of it.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It has a headphone OR microphone jack? Not both? What kind of garbage is that?
If I'm plugging in a headset I'm going to have both.
If I'm ONLY plugging in a microphone to go with my speakers, it's going on the back panel.

I guess you're right to call it only a headphone jack then.

leclod

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
Why Full Tower ? no good reason to do multiple GPUs no more. No need for big HDDs, so why would most people want the big empty Towers