Review Lian Li Lancool III RGB Review: Excellence in the Details

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Really, Lian Li? /YAWN
The O11 Dynamic Evo was more interesting - especially mechanically, that's why I bought one. It's got potential.

"I never understood why case companies add glass to the rear side panel, as Lian Li does here, because who wants to see their bird's nest-like cable mess? However, the Lancool III features small metal doors that cover your cables, similar to the bigger CoolerMaster HAF 700 Evo. If you are a cable managing guru, the doors can be removed and show off the profusion of Lancool’s Velcro cable ties."
It feels like creating a problem and selling adding the solution in the price...

giorov

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Big fan of the LianLi LanCool II Mesh. I wish you had talked about the non-rgb version since, for air-cooled builds, its performance is superior in the Mk. II version. Its fan controller hub at the back of the case (or under the right-side panel, you could say) has been great, automatically ramping up all the fans depending on system heat.
You should look at the Mk. III Mesh version and see if they ship the fan hub set up right. The Mk. II usually shipped with the factory assemblers hooking up the input to the wrong connector, requiring people to troubleshoot online. Plus the type-C connector on the front of the case was empty and required purchasing an add-on to use which only Microcenter had in stock last time I checked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Why_Me

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
This is a solid case for those looking for 3.5 drive space (a niche it seems).

They seem to be less and less these days as most people don't want to have drives inside the case it seems, but this one is right up there on the price/performance for that niche.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I've had some time to look at other reviews, and:
-My opinion of the glass panel(cable side) hasn't changed much.
If one isn't a cable management Guru, the cable covers are like, "Hey, what are ya hiding over there? Huh, huh, HUH?! Those who are Gurus won't mind, or will love to show off their cable skills.

-The case is big, which is a given considering the expansive front and top fan and radiator support. And with big(ger) cases, they lean more towards custom liquid builds - not like custom liquid doesn't work in smaller cases(I know they do).
An air cooled only build will look empty, or half full/empty, in a case of this size or larger if one does not make use of much of the available space. Same goes if just the cpu uses an AIO.
There's a storage tray option at the front, but I can't imagine too many folks making use of that.
Big also means heavy.

Neutral: The price is a bit of an ouchie, but I believe this is more for custom loop builds anyway, so what's another 60(?) quid for them?

TRENDING THREADS