Lian Li Launches Slick Gaming Mid-Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

People actually like that design. The side panel looks silly, and the front looks cheap.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]People actually like that design. The side panel looks silly, and the front looks cheap.[/citation]

Despite what you may think the front looks like if youve ever owned a Lian Li you would know every last facet of their cases are anything but cheap.

I own one and while I wont ever spend that much on a case again I will say its quality and design is leagues above any other case I have ever owned.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
...and why would I buy one of these over an Antec Nine-Hundred? I'd save enough money to cover the cost of a good CPU cooler, plus have enough left over to replace all of those out of style LED fans with good Noctua/Scythe/Delta ones.

Sometimes case selection is a matter of personal preference.

What did surprise me was the space available for a video card. Over at the Lian Li web site they are showing 285mm of available space for a video card. The extra long video cards obviously will not fit. The space is a little less than the Lian Li/Lancool Dragon Lord cases introduced last year. They had 290mm of space available. Wondering why Lian Li shortened the space.

vartok

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2007
Still happy with my HAF 932.... it bigger and had better airflow. While ive always been a fan for the Lian very sleek design, Ill always take the cheaper, better performer.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Mid tower and gaming PC, is that a bad joke or something?[/citation]
No not really.

After the summer I am adding a 5870 to my MicroATX system, and setting up eyefinity.

You, stop trying to be funny, your not!

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]TunaSoda[/nom]Lian Li cases are waaaaaaaaaay overpriced[/citation]
But they make nice stuff, these are too flashy for an old guy like me but I have used their standard nice aluminum black ones for my last 3 builds, quality is all there.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Mid tower and gaming PC, is that a bad joke or something?[/citation]

I've been using a Mid Tower with an overclocked system and there's plenty of room and it stays very cool. Micro ATX gaming rigs are not uncommon these days either.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009

Chill kid. Mah MicroATX system is pumpin out dem frames like youve nevr known

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]shadow187[/nom]Is that Euros? That'll make it about $220 and $120, won't it?[/citation]Pretty sure that "dollar" sign means dollars. Not to mention that you've got your conversion upside-down. Last time I checked, the Euro was still kicking the dollars ass.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I've never liked any of the Lian Li designs i have seen. i agree they seem to overcharge for their cases as well...although i did pay more for my current case then i paid for my video card. it was worth it tho i really like my thermaltake spedo advance package case.

G

I've had my Iian Li pc6070 plus case for 5 years now and it's only overpriced in the picture. In person you see what your paying for. This case is easy to work with. Built VERY solid like a tank but it's aluminum and therefore lighter than any case you can name and so well noise insulated that even configured as a gaming rig with more than a dozen fans spinning in it right now it's still quiet enough to be an HTPC if I wanted to use it as such.

I've rebuilt it a few times it started as a single core amd then dual core and finally now it's a quad core intel at each configuration I've never had issues moving enough air to suit whatever overclocking profile I wanted.

Now the Antec 900 is a solid design. I've built 3 of them for friends and family over the last 3 years and they're definitely the default gaming case for a budget gaming system. They move air better than any other case out there. But they are just a slightly on the flimsy side when you pick one up and feel the creaking going on inside. And they're anything but quiet even if you upgrade the fans.

After 5 years I'm about to do an upgrade for myself I'm going to sell this system and start from scratch with a completely blank slate and a decently large budget to put anything I want in it. I'm not totally set on Lian Li but they are at the top of the list. After 20 years of the "beige box" we've had the last 10 years of the "Black box" and I'm sick of that now I want some color in my new system. I'll take a look at this red one as well as anything else out there by any other maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS