Question Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo upright 4080 build

Blindeagle

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2013
Hi guys planning on building a new pc with the 4080 but wanted to know what case to use for it.

I've narrowed it down to 2 cases :
Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo
Lian Li Lancool III

My parts : https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/KGmg4s

My question is if i was to build in the Dynamic Evo do you think that is a good idea / I have enough space to put in a 4080 and not worry about anything? Seen a lot of things about that fact you should have enough space for the 4090 etc. Granted i will be using a 4080 and its prob smaller but just wanted to double check before i buy the parts

I will also buy "Lian Li Riser cable PCIe Gen 4 60CM White" so that its got a cleaner route like the pics below.
This is what im looking to do with the 4080 View: https://imgur.com/a/T33yDYw

Thanks

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
do you think that is a good idea
"Lian Li Riser cable PCIe Gen 4 60CM White" so that its got a cleaner route like the pics
Scroll down to 'Support Wide Variety Sizes Gpu'.
If you don't at least know the dimensions of the gpu you are going to use, compatibility is going to be up in the air...
According to the O11DE-2 link I provided, the 4090 Phantom's cooler is about 2mm over the advised max width.
The 4090 Founder's Edition, PNY's XLR8 Gaming Verto Epic-X RGB, Palit's Gamerock, Galax's ST & SG... and that's it for air cooled models within the 140mm width limit.
Msi's Gaming Trio is right at 140mm, so no guarantees there.

Also, that is one heck of a bend on the gpu power adapter in the images. Maybe that's the reason for the 140mm width limit - that Lian Li was taking some bend headroom into account?
That's potentially dangerous if it's the prepackaged Nvidia adapter, which increases the width of the already wide cards; there's a warning out there against bending them before 35mm.
Aftermarket solutions don't appear to have that problem, but I haven't looked into it much.

*)This is just a bit of nitpicking, but the rear 120mm in the images serves no practical purpose. It's stealing some air from the top mounted cooler, and the gpu is on the other side of the case...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Most of the aftermarket cables are 4 cables direct to the PSU, so they are taking 12 12V+ wires and pairing them up into 6 12V wires at the GPU. Quite reasonable.

PSU Vendor specific cables vary. Corsair's Type 4 is taking two 8-pin connections to the PSU so six 12V wires to the six wires on the GPU end. But they used a heavy gauge wire. Again that direct connection should avoid all of the problems in the Nvidia adapter. Seems like if you got one that was poorly soldered or you bend it a lot, it will break and cause a hotspot. Actually silly that they did it that way. Soon as I saw that the connectors were molded instead of wires to pins, I was suspicious.

Reactions: Phaaze88