Question Lian Li O11 Dynamic glass peeling from frame

pitogo

Reputable
Feb 15, 2019
Ran a search for Lian Li O11 dynamic glass with no mention of glass peeling from the frame. I recently completed a build less than a month old. I have a Lian Li O11 Dymaic white and it seems the side glass is peeing away from the metal black frame which slots into the chassis. The glass is lined with foam gaskets around the edges where it meets the case and on the left and right sides there are metal bracket which is attached to the foam with what looks like double sided tape. The metal brackets slot into the case we holding the glass.

I removed the glass recently to zip tie a cable and didn’t notice the metal bracket was still on the chassis when I pulled the glass off. Normally you side the top off then slide the side glass up to remove it but the left side bracket stayed on. I’m thinking GPU heat maybe a factor. I have an EK monoblock on the motherboard and am waiting for EKWB to release a gpu block for the Radeon VII which their support team says is coming end of March to early April. Anyway, when I checked again ithe glass is still on but was staring to pull away. Seems the gpu heat maybe delaminating the metal bracket adhesive.

Anyone else experience this? I’m thinking about taping it on. Will look tacky but at least it won’t potentially be broken glass. Other than tape maybe other suggestions? Maybe I should contact Lian Li for a fix?

Lutfij

Titan
IMHO, you should send a video and pics of the issue to Lian-Li over a correspondence and see what they get back to you with. Also include the seller of the case within the correspondence in the event that you're granted an RMA. If the glass is peeling off from the frame, then it's bad workmanship/QC from Lian-Li's end.

pitogo

Reputable
Feb 15, 2019
Ok agree, will do. Contacting Lian Li.

Dang it so this morning I checked and the left side of the glass was peeled away completely while the right side was still half stuck on. Thankfully the glass had not fallen out.