[SOLVED] Lian Li O11 Dynamic Razer RGB lighting causes random USB disconnects ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2019
Hey folks,

this is a follow up to this thread since I managed to narrow down the issue.

The integrated RGB connector of my O11 Razer Edition causes my system to randomly lose connection to most of the connected USB devices for about 5-10 seconds. Sometimes it happens under load, sometimes during idle without any specific pattern but at least once a day.
I only managed to 100% reproduce the issue when sharing my screen via Discord Screen Share or Teamviewer.

Until now I have removed the case's RGB USB connector from the motherboard and not a single disconnect has happened now for over 10 days, so I am almost certain that the RGB of my case is causing those disconnects.

My setup:
  • MSI MPG Carbon B550 now with newest 7C90v142 BIOS
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • NZXT Kraken X73 AiO
  • Nvidia RTX 3080 FE
  • Corsair LTX 32 GB RAM @ 3200 MHz
  • 1x WD 1TB NVMe SSD
  • 2x WD 500 GB SSD
  • beQuiet! Straight Power 11 850W
  • Lian Li O11 Dynamic Razer Edition
I have tried so far:
  • flashing the most recent mobo BIOS
  • installing the most recent chipset drivers provided by both AMD and MSI
  • swapping the devices hooked to the USB ports in every possible way
  • checking for any loose cable connections on the mobo
  • checking for updates for the USB controller in Windows device manager
I would like to use the RGB of my case again, do you have any idea how to fix this issue?

Reactions: nebelchronix
Solution
Was not able to fix it. Ended up unplugging the Lian Li case from the motherboard entirely. The case does not lighten up anymore, but at least I am not getting these annoying disconnects.

Hoping to find a solution one day :/

I found the solution. Go into ur bios and change PCIe gen 4 to gen 3. Some reason the AMD platform is running into problems on B550 and x570 motherboard (not manufacture specific) + PCIe gen 4 + the new 3000 series cards. I disabled gen 4 and it’s been running super smooth since.
Nov 17, 2020
I have the exact same issue. When unplugging the USB connecter on the motherboard of the O11 Razer Edition, there were no more disconnects of other USB ports. I also have a very similar setup to yours.

My Setup:
  • MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
  • Wraith Prism (stock cooler of cpu)
  • GIGABYTE RTX 3080 Eagle OC
  • 1x Sabrent Rocket NVMe 1TB
  • 1x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB
  • 1x Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
  • Corsair TXM750 750W
  • Lian Li O11 Dynamic Razer Edition
For me the problem only occurs, when I play games and there is a lot of stuff loading in. Like when I fast travel in Genshin impact or enter a certain building in Skyrim SE (modded). Would love to find a solution, been searching for a solution for weeks now.

Edit: Also tried out sharing my screen in Discord and as you said, the problem occured for me as well.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020
Were you able to fix the problem? I am running into the exact same issue as well and it is driving me insane. What did you end up doing if you were not able to fix it?

Nov 17, 2020
Were you able to fix the problem? I am running into the exact same issue as well and it is driving me insane. What did you end up doing if you were not able to fix it?
Was not able to fix it. Ended up unplugging the Lian Li case from the motherboard entirely. The case does not lighten up anymore, but at least I am not getting these annoying disconnects.

Dec 15, 2020

I found the solution. Go into ur bios and change PCIe gen 4 to gen 3. Some reason the AMD platform is running into problems on B550 and x570 motherboard (not manufacture specific) + PCIe gen 4 + the new 3000 series cards. I disabled gen 4 and it’s been running super smooth since.

Solution
Nov 17, 2020
Damn thank you very much. Working completely normal now.

Dec 19, 2020
Created an account to say I can confirm the same issue using Corsair Commander Pro RGB controller. I am going to try bumping my PCIe slots down to 3.0 as suggested. Will post a follow up.

Hardware:
Asus Prime X570-PRO
RTX 3080
Obsidian d1000 case
(2) Corsair Commander Pro
(2) Corsair RGB hubs

Status
Not open for further replies.