Lian Li Shows Off the Roomy PC-9N Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
A Lian Li case that has both style, function, and a low price tag... that's pretty nice. It certainly looks sleek, and hopefully other manufacturers start to use the modular/rail design for the mobo tray area. This really is a nice case if you're looking for a spacious and cheap air cooled case. I suspect the lack of top fans or bottom fans may be a bit discouraging even for the air cooling option, but all but scuttles any water cooling ideas without some modding or creative implementation.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Bought my first -of several- case from Lian Li several years ago; they maybe a bit more expensive than others but top quality. No regrets !

And this at $110 MSRP seems to be a rather good deal.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]That case looks sweet but it would be even better with a clear window![/citation]
Knowing Lian-Li there's probably gonna be a seperate loose side panel with a window for sale at some point. At least, Lian-Li did that a few years ago, not sure if they still do that.

lp231

Splendid
Don't know why everyone says their cases are good, is it because of the aluminum or something else.
I find their cases to be over rated and over price. If you where to spend the same amount on another case, you may get a lot more features, than what they have.
I remember working on a Lian Li itx case or something and the side panel was hold on with like 10 screws. After removing the side panel, I spend like over 15 minutes try to get that panel back on as the holes will not line up properly. Also those screws are cheap, they strip easily.

Stevemeister

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
I think Lian-Li cases are great - I've built four computers using different sized cases and the quality and subtle features are second to none. The hard drive mounting system is the best on the planet for isolating vibration and everything fits perfectly with no squeaks or rattles.

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
lp231. I think you may have gotten duped by an immitator. I've built over 20 custom rigs all with Lian Li cases, and not 1 issue. I still have, and use my original Lian Li PC-60 case my wife bought for me over a decade ago. I did manage to strip 1 screw, but that was my own fault. That 1 case has survived, and flourished through countless hardware refreshes. Athlon XP up to my current Intel 980x, and every single one of them have been Watercooled.

realibrad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
I once had this issue, and it allows me to say that all products are terrible. I thought, hey, why not spend the extra few dollars, and get this thing, over that other thing. What a mistake! Turns out that the thing I got was horrible, and I would have been better off with the other thing what was cheaper even!

Lesson learned I say...

Built multiple rigs in Lian LI cases. The ones 10 years old or so did have a lot of screws but then did all other cases circa year 2000. They last forever so im just guessing here but the Lian LI case the negative poster used was probably 10+ years old. You do pay a little premium but they are a joy to build in, no sharp edges ever. Most of their cases also look very classy.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Everyone loves to kiss Lian Li's ass. Personally I find "most" of their cases very Apple'ish.

Yay aluminum!..... -_- All form & not much (in my opinion) functionality compared to other brands.

cozmosis

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Form and function is exactly what Lian Li have. They are pretty much the only brand that offers excellent case design and maintains a more simple approach to aesthetics.

Most other manufacturers that offer well designed cases (in terms of wiring guidance, airflow, mounting etc.) insist on covering the chassis in a montage of odd angles and sticking out bits as though it were designed for a 13 year old. Nothing wrong with that if it's what you're in to, but Lian Li just make more professional looking cases.

halcyon

Splendid
It's a beautiful case and "...is built using almost all aluminum parts." BINGO. That's the wonderful thing about it. That it is extremely inexpensive is just icing on the cake.

Everyone loves to kiss Lian Li's ass. Personally I find "most" of their cases very Apple'ish.
You may want to talk to a therapist about that...unless you meant it as a compliment. I imagine you prefer plastic? Thermaltake has some cases just for you.

tlg

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Lian Li's always looks very cool on the exterior. Unfortunately many of their models (independently of the price) are unpainted on the inside and also they provide bad (or lacking) airflow and very bad space management (some cases could fit A LOT more for the space used - particularly watercooling).

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
I had a Lian Li 7B plus II case for about 3 years. Last month I replaced it with a Corsair case. They both have and aluminum front panel and a clean, professional look.

The corsair however has: excellent cable management, painted interior, filters, tool-less drives and side panels, heatsink cut-out, noise dampening, better front I/O placement, and is not a finger print magnet like the Lian Li.

Well worth the extra $30. Sure it weighs more, but its not like I'm carting it off to LAN parties or something.

Lian Li just feels overpriced when all you get is a lighter chassis and a clean look.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
I loved my Lian Li I bought from Crazy PC. Slide out motherboard, all aluminum, 30 80mm fans and a 120mm fan with a laser cut decorative window. Added cold cathodes, looked sweet as heck, added bonus didn't need to crank the fans as high since the case itself acted like a giant heatsink.
I still have it, next pc I build is going in there since my AMD Barton cpu and Abit Nforce board finally passed on.
Really great, solid, clean build. Hard drive bays secured with thumbscrews for easy install and removal.
I've tried Antec and Thermaltake cases in the same price range along with a fewand a few budget cases for the kids' pc builds and the Lian Li is my absolute favorite head and shoulders above the rest.

pcvsnotebook

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
[citation][nom]COLGeek[/nom]Interesting design. I would definitely want to install the memory, CPU, and heatsink in/on the mobo before mounting to the case to minimize flexing the mobo.[/citation]

lol

since when the mobo touches the plate under it? it is risen on the screws anyways , so there is nothing new here ... it is the same flexing lol

pcvsnotebook

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]That case looks sweet but it would be even better with a clear window![/citation]

not really , the mobo will cover the new design behind it :p

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
I scrolled down to the price first, hold cow it's actually a good price!!!

Lian Li is infamous for way overpricing their cases, but this one looks good at a solid price point. Nice job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS