Lian Li Strimer Review: 24-Pin Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidgirgis

Honorable
Feb 24, 2016
And no matter how much you like glorious/vomitous RGB lights in your PC, there will come a time--whether it be when you’re trying to watch a movie or take a nap while your system downloads the latest AAA title--when you want to turn [strike]of[/strike] the rainbow.

Should Be:

And no matter how much you like glorious/vomitous RGB lights in your PC, there will come a time--whether it be when you’re trying to watch a movie or take a nap while your system downloads the latest AAA title--when you want to turn off the rainbow.

davidgirgis

Honorable
Feb 24, 2016
Since there’s no easy way to convert between header types (there’s a big voltage difference), we’d like to either see Lian Li offer up a separate Strimer model that works with other header types, or at least add a button on the expansion bracket for turning off the [strike]the[/strike] lights.

Should Be:

Since there’s no easy way to convert between header types (there’s a big voltage difference), we’d like to either see Lian Li offer up a separate Strimer model that works with other header types, or at least add a button on the expansion bracket for turning off the lights.

DrakeFS

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014
The worst part about this product, it is simply 24 led strips clipped onto your existing psu cable. I want the led and cable to be one and the same! Actually I don't really care, as I am not a fan of RGB.

Jul 18, 2018
RGB madness again ... now most good cases are not reliable and come with glass , and can break easy while in transit , all thanks to the RGB hype ...

there was a time when a PC case was rejected because it is not shielded enough . now no one cares ..

shadowr2d2

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017
It would be nice if...? They worked with some Motherboard Co.. To have this product work with them.. Just plug it in to your Motherboard.. Than have it work with your courant RGB system.. Also will they have an 6 pin, & 8 pin as well..? I would like to get one.. But for right now.. Just watching the GPU prices drop.. Thank you for posting this.. A very interesting article..

islandwalker

Managing Editor
Editor
Mar 6, 2018
@shadowr2d2, it does work with and plug directly into motherboards. You just need a board with the right RGB header. The one I used had a different (12v) header. Graphics and CPU cables with RGB would be nice, but I think to do that they'd have to find a way to actually integrate the lights into the cables.

zthomas

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
I like the colors.. trouble is the ass end of my machine is facing me.. the side is open but still can't see in.. I sometimes wish I could do some showing off.. being visible gets one friends to figure out ways ripping you off.. for the moment I feel my new titan xp is safe from casual viewers,,

poopstains82

Proper
Jul 6, 2018

oh..lol darn..it looks beautiful to me.. i have a Corsair 570x RGB ( white ) case..gorgeous !!

tyr_antilles

Prominent
May 25, 2018
More ugly useless RGB lights to entice low intellect gipsy-like people. I will never buy anything that even remotely resambles stupid useless colored lights. They remind me of those big cassette players of the eighties full of dancing leds those niggas and gipsies carry with them to show-off.

poopstains82

Proper
Jul 6, 2018

To each is own

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS