Question Lian Li TU 150 ATX PSU mod.

Jimbo832

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2013
Hi everyone,

Just put this thread up to see if anyway had completed this mod.

Was curious after I watched this video of a few guys doing it :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm66LAn5dA0

Mod seems simple enough, remove the bended metal which normally sits under an SFX psu, and the screws will line up to an ATX one.

The advertised case width is 203mm, and my current ATX psu is 150mm long, which gives a bit of room for the cables to bend. Case dimensions are likely external measurements rather than internal, but looks like I would only really need 40mm to bend the cables.

What do you all think?

Thanks in advance.

Jimbo832

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2013
Their screws do NOT line up. They're just shoving/threading them through the honeycomb grating.

Why not just buy an SFX PSU?

Ahh I see. I was hoping I could reuse my seasonic ATX that is platnium rated. SFX psus are quite expensive, especially in NZ, the selection is much lower and it seemed like I would be downgrading on quality unless I spent 130+ USD.

What are the selling points for this particular case? Perhaps we can find you something that checks all the same boxes AND is compatible with ATX PSUs.

I'm all for case mods. It's just not always as easy as you first think. At least you've found some sort of evidence that this may be possible. Double check your PSU dimensions compared to theirs. Also remember that modular cables stick out further than non-modular ones. You don't want to put too much pressure on tempered glass.

Jimbo832

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2013
What are the selling points for this particular case? Perhaps we can find you something that checks all the same boxes AND is compatible with ATX PSUs.

I'm all for case mods. It's just not always as easy as you first think. At least you've found some sort of evidence that this may be possible. Double check your PSU dimensions compared to theirs. Also remember that modular cables stick out further than non-modular ones. You don't want to put too much pressure on tempered glass.
I'm a big fan of the silver aluminum look, aswell as the tempered glass. No tempered glass isn't a deal breaker though.

I'm hoping to downsize to a mini-itx system, was also hoping I could reuse my hyper 212 evo, however if I find a case I really like I am happy to compromise with stock cooler.

Ideally I would keep my ATX psu.

Smaller than the NZXT H210 is the size I'm looking for.