Lian Li: We Don’t Need No Stinking Tempered Glass (Or RGB Lighting)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Q50 is really inferior to the Ncase M1. It's bigger with fewer options only $35 less than the Ncase. The funny thing is Lian-Li makes the case for Ncase. I'm still baffled why they haven't licensed the design so they can sell it directly themselves.

kookykrazee

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Wow, it would almost seem better to get a case and buy or build or work on a door that is not glass...lol I have the DG-87 and I do not like the huge window or RGB and am looking at options to put a solid door on the side/front windowed cover.

USD$190... That is like USD$100 more expensive than what I'd like it to be and USD$150 over my CM Elite 361...

I don't think the extras it has are worth *that* much. And the Elite is a bit more compact than this thing.

AlistairAB

Distinguished
May 21, 2014
There is a lian li case similar to the ncase, the PC-Q10.

This new design has a few improvements to that one mainly in that it is easier to build with. More clearances in every direction except the cpu cooler height which was slightly reduced to make it not as wide.

Running a 1080ti in one right now, and it has the best cooling of any case I've ever used as the GPU just draws cold air from under the case.

I guess I'm in the minority in saying that I like the styling. Its simple and clean. The problem is no option for an optical drive? I have two HTPC in my house right now both have optical drives. Both play DVDs from those drives on a semi regular basis. My gaming machine has an optical drive. Just ordered stuff to build a new PC this morning and ordered a new case with an optical bay. I wish manufacturers would quite neglecting this as an option.

DerekA_C

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
You could always can run a mini slim usb 3.0 external optical. I just bought a fractal design nano s for $66 fits a 1080ti hybrid ftw3 HUGE GPU. Can fit a 240 radiator but don't need it, have a corsair h75 on my delided i7 everything stays below 50c ultra everything, every game.

DrakeFS

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014
I like the design but I am minimalist when it comes to case design.

Personally, I don't much see the point of mini-ITX cases (all have been to big for my taste) as I prefer to use an Intel NUC for VSFF/SFF computers.

xrodney

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
To be honest, Lian-Li should concentrate more on quality and better design.
At least some of their most expensive bigger cases I had a chance to try got issues like not matching pieces, vibrations, rough edges and scratched panels.
Not something I would find acceptable from brand like Lian Li and on $350+ cases.

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
Good, personally I hate rgb lightingand all cool designed cases I've liked "suffered" from this. It looks great in the begining but after a while I just want to turn it off

Mike-TH

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
I like the look, I want to switch from my Cosmos 1000 huge hog of a computer to something like this, I am considering going horizontal as well, so this is nice.
But has anyone noticed that the sizes listed for the 320 and 720 are the same? Hopefully just a typo in the table as the text says the 720 is much larger than the 320.

In my experience those drives tend to be less reliable both in terms of lifespan, reading discs, and burning disks.

no one is using an optical drive anymore. the cheapest USB flash drive you can fine is faster and has 100 times mopre space then any DVD or bluray disk. and with everyone streaming media from their PC's and over the net good luck finding a case with an optical drive bay now

bloodroses

Distinguished

I use DVD/CDs on rare occasion with an external usb drive. It's mainly to rip albums I've purchased (I like owning hard copies as backups) or for the old games/etc I've had in storage since moving. I have considered a Blu-Ray player, but every movie I get at this point also includes a digitial/VUDU copy.

thats the same for most people when it comes to optical drives and usully in that case everyone just picks up a cheap external DVD/Bluray drive

kyotokid

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
...nice to see a more sleek professional looking case instead of a "visible guts and light show" one. However only two fans? Think I'll stick with my old Antec P-193. 7 fans including a big fan on the left side panel right by the CPU and. GPU.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Finally a desktop tower maker that GETS IT! We do not need fancy-schmancy lighting on a desktop tower case.
We need a case that:
1. Is well ventilated.
2. Has enough room in it for a full-size motherboard.
3. Has some sort of filters on the intakes that are able to be cleaned easily so that we can keep performance degrading dust out of the case.

kyotokid

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
...my old Antec P-193 fits that bill perfectly, provision for up to 7 fans, filters on the intakes, and plenty of internal space. Sadly, it is no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.