Lian Li's PC-O Series Are Showy, Sport Tempered Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefiend1

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
I saw a tempered glass and aluminum case at Fry's made by In Win. It looks pretty stellar but weighs a ton. Tempered glass does add a nice look.

Good thing you dont have to carry it around too often ;)

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I want one in full size please with wheels and some one to help me load it in back of my vehicle. This looks like an old Pentium 4 office towers but with glass.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I have a glass desk so this would be a perfect fit! Yeah it's expensive but looks like it's very high quality and well made. So should last for several years if properly taken care of.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
I'm not sure why the models supporting radiators should be open-air; if you can only fit one CPU and one GPU, then you don't really need a 240mm single radiator, you should be able to fit two 120mm ones instead, at which point you shouldn't need much air cooling for other components at all.

The smallest case is pretty neat though, but it's expensive to begin with, and you'll need to spend extra to get components that look good together, plus any extras you squeeze in like lighting and such. Also you'll probably want to only do this if you're someone with a heap of spare cables, otherwise you'll be building the system part-way then ordering a bunch of replacement cables for anything that can't be routed neatly.

That said, I do think a well design internal layout can look great, but yeah, you'll have to pay quite the premium to really make the most of it.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I lost my attraction to see the internals of my computer. Had that for a long while, lights and neat cables and all, but my last built was a closed one, intentionally, and I liked it much better, other than finding it easier on the eyes now. Nothing fancy on the outside, only inside. And I will probably do so again on my next built. Maybe it is just a phase and I will get back to wanting to see the intestines of my computer again on the nextnext computer. After all, it was still me who liked that and went out of my way to get that.

I like it! The slim design and look is amazing.

I wonder how effective the ribbon cable connected to this riser-card-ish connection carries the PCIe 3.0 16x data? Does it have the same bandwidth when you use such a cable? How about latency using such a cable?

AJSB

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Indeed InWin also have these kind of cases, IIRC, one for mITX and other uATX.
Both brands cases are gorgeous but a bit expensive, if you want a design that you can see the insides, these cases from these brands are the ones.
For *me* however, i like more a standard look as simple as possible and as black as possible.

cryptz

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2004
I wish they made a full tower case that looked like this, i just need more pcie expansion and would prefer a normal width case for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.