Lian Li's PC-Q04 Hits U.S. Shelves For $59

Status
Not open for further replies.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
@toddybody
right!. the top side should have been more flexible by allowing a radiator there or a large, slow moving fan. I would also close all the side meshes to reduce noise and dust buildup.

If I'm looking at this properly, it'll be very difficult to work on a motherboard in this case. The PSU is literally smack-dab in front of the motherboard, how are you supposed to connect stuff with the PSU in the way?

The PSU mounts to a plate. Then, you hook up its cables through the hole, and when done you slide the PSU in and screw down the plate. A modular PSU is almost a requirement.
This looks like a nearly ideal case for a low-power AM1 system. One cable not needed would be the CPU power cable.

stoned_ritual

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
If I'm looking at this properly, it'll be very difficult to work on a motherboard in this case. The PSU is literally smack-dab in front of the motherboard, how are you supposed to connect stuff with the PSU in the way?
It will be a pain, but I would mount the board, then connect the cables, then shift the PSU into place.

Dan414

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014
I wonder if you could get away with PSU and GPU that are able to shut off fans for low power, and a large passive cooler. That way, you'd have completely silent operation until you stressed it - like for gaming at which point you'd throw on your headset.

cfortney

Reputable
Jan 13, 2016
I wonder if you could get away with PSU and GPU that are able to shut off fans for low power, and a large passive cooler. That way, you'd have completely silent operation until you stressed it - like for gaming at which point you'd throw on your headset.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but with a seasonic fanless power supply. I wonder if that would have issues though, I don't own one but reading up on them, it looks like the fanless PSU needs to be facing up toward the top of the case to not release heat all over the rest of the components. If it all worked, it would make for a pretty sweet silent build.

Status
Not open for further replies.