Lian Li's PC-TU200 Mini-ITX Looks Like a Metal Briefcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Sold!

Perfect for my needs, Lian-Li really know the business!

toxin440

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
That is a nice looking case indeed. While I prefer a full tower for my needs (heavy on hard drives and GPUs) The days of clean/simplistic cases are missed.

It seems every case out there has blinking this, or LED that. Most cases these days look like they are from outer space.

This case looks like it could be a hella cool LAN party rig. Get a nice super light LED monitor load it up with a few 2TB hdd's and you got one hella cool gaming/file sharing rig.

I guess it's designed to be placed on the desk, not besides it, due to power switch and USB placement.
It's good looking and has pretty much all the (minimalistic) space you'll need. LL makes very good cases and in my opinion you'll get what you'll pay for.

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
I hope LL adopts the swappable HD bays and the opening mechanism for all the upcoming models. I would also prefer a Micro ATX design or layout if that were possible as for $199 this case is too generous on HD and light on graphic options, or is just me.

G

This doesn't look like a briefcase. A briefcase is way slimmer. This looks like, hmmm, a small PC case with a handle...

G

The handle needs to be recessed to make the cases stackable. Or maybe they plan to sell an accessory to facilitate stacking? I'd prefer the former but would settle for the latter...

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Man this looks fugly. I can't believe there are people that likes this design. A suit case handle on the top? haha! It's a joke, right?
I know Lian Li makes good quality cases, and I owned one 10 years ago. For the mini ITX, I like the Lian Li Q07 red.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]hp79[/nom]Man this looks fugly. I can't believe there are people that likes this design. A suit case handle on the top? haha! It's a joke, right?I know Lian Li makes good quality cases, and I owned one 10 years ago. For the mini ITX, I like the Lian Li Q07 red.[/citation]

I think it has a design that tends to appeal to those that like clean, simple, designs. Perhaps its geared more towards adults than kids and teens?

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Oh, you and your "kids" insults again :p You've been using the same story to defend Macs... well, doesn't work - I hate Mac [:amk-aka-phantom:1] design [:amk-aka-phantom:1] and really like this box :kaola:

halcyon

Splendid

Well, if the shoe fits... Do you really hate Mac design? What is it about MacBook Air and Pro design that you hate?

...and you're an adult so you may kinda like clean and simple design. Not that you'll like all of them. ...or you may like the occasional HAF-X. I'm just tired, myself, of things that are overstyled, but there's obviously a market and place for those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.