license not valid

Jun 30, 2018
my microsoft office 2010 says it cannot verify the license for this application. the repair will not work and when i try and download a version, it says my key is no good. but It should be Any suggestions ?

Solution
hhhhhmmmmm sounds like you just need the right version of office to install. if the site is not giving it to you, then i am not sure how you are going to get it. you can probably get a copy elsewhere online but there is no guarantee that it is a pure un-corrupted copy if you don't get it from MS.

i'll look around a bit some places i know and see if i can find an untouched copy you can download from a place i personally trust. there are not too many out there but there are a few archives i do trust here and there when i am stuck like this. i'll post back if i can find it.

64 bit office 2010 is what i'll look for.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
Jun 30, 2018
Jun 30, 2018

I got the license when i bought the computer (probably around2011) , it worked fine until about a month ago, first I lost my internet and then my office programs. Bet Buy told me that my windows 7 was corrupted, but will not put 7 back on for me.
Said that I have to but windows 10. I like 7 and my desktop still comes up and I can look at all my pictures. I just can't use office 2010 and I have the key but when I tried to download it , it says there is a problem. The repair function won't work and also the restore won't work. When I tried to download windows 7 from website, this also said my key was not valid.
I did load office 2010 yesterday, but then i had trouble installing and it was only good for 24 hours. It would not install because it said that I had a 32 Microsoft single image, but my machine is a 64 bit.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
hhhhhmmmmm sounds like you just need the right version of office to install. if the site is not giving it to you, then i am not sure how you are going to get it. you can probably get a copy elsewhere online but there is no guarantee that it is a pure un-corrupted copy if you don't get it from MS.

i'll look around a bit some places i know and see if i can find an untouched copy you can download from a place i personally trust. there are not too many out there but there are a few archives i do trust here and there when i am stuck like this. i'll post back if i can find it.

64 bit office 2010 is what i'll look for.

Solution