Licensing

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hi,
I am new to TS and would like to set up a trial of TS in Application Server
mode. I have installed the Server but need to activate the Licensing
Server. Does it have a grace/trial period that I can use and if so how do I
use it? I don't want to spend the clients money on something that may or
may not work until I can trial it. I am using W2K3 Server.

--
John Harris (Harry)
Computer Troubleshooters - Hornby

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Don't install or activate the Licensing Server. Your TS will work
without one for 90 days (the grace period).

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"John Harris" <johnh@antispam.comptroub.co.nz> wrote in

> Hi,
> I am new to TS and would like to set up a trial of TS in
> Application Server mode. I have installed the Server but need
> to activate the Licensing Server. Does it have a grace/trial
> period that I can use and if so how do I use it? I don't want
> to spend the clients money on something that may or may not work
> until I can trial it. I am using W2K3 Server.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Correction: grace period on 2003 is 120 days.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT