LIFEBOOK AH544 idle temp 75ºC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2015
Hi guys.

I bought a couple days ago a LIFEBOOK AH544, the only one I found with an i7-4702MQ within my price range.

The idle CPU temp is 70-75ºC for the core that is working and around 60-65ºC for the rest. Pushing all cores to 100% the temp raises to around 90-95ºC .

I have been reading about the normal laptop temperatures and although I know it's within the limits I am a bit worried.

Should I switch the laptop while I still can?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What are you using to monitor the temps?

If these numbers are accurate, and it's new (ie cleaning it out isn't going to be beneficial), I would return it. Sounds like incorrectly applied thermal paste and getting in there to fix it yourself would likely void warranty etc. So let the manufacturer deal with the issue.

Jul 24, 2015

Thanks for the answer.

I'm running linux mint and monitoring the temperature with psensor and lm-sensors, both giving me the same temperatures.
After a couple of hours with the laptop off I just turned it on and the temperatures of the cores that are not running are around 55ºC (room temp. = 30ºC) right after boot. That can't be right, no?
I tried to see the CPU temperature in the BIOS but I couldn't find it. Is there any way I can be sure that these numbers are accurate?

Fan is working btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.