Lifting electronics from basement flooding

swolenator

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
I am trying to find something to lift surge protectors and potentially my computer tower which is big and heavy up off the ground in case of water flooding the basement. With Irene approaching I am worried this will be one of the times where water gets in the basement again. Usually we only get water if it rains hard for a long time but it has in the past covered like 85% of the floor in water. The water is usually not very high and is mostly like if someone spilt water on the floor. But I would still like to find some sort of platforms that look decent to set surge protectors on rather than random junk. My computer is a dell 730x and is pretty big so it doesn't fit height wise into the pc cabinet on the desk which would restrict airflow anyways.

I was hoping to find a cheap yet decent looking more permanent way to lift them up on like maybe some kind of platform but I can't seem to find any. Can anyone link me to some platforms that would be unaffected by water that would get them off the floor? Or does anyone have any other suggestions? Btw we have tried just about everything to stop the flooding it is greatly reduced but still during hard storms like what is potentially coming water will get in. If it were up to me I wouldn't have the electronics even downstairs but it is not my decision to make so I was hoping to find some way to atleast raise them off the floor.

swolenator

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
yeah i just went with the old stuff whatever is lying around under it again. For now it was ok water avoided all the electronics. Does that 3m stuff work good without leaving marks? I have seen it advertised not to but does it damage paint?