Light on motherboard and power switch on, but won't fire up

curtis_10

Commendable
May 17, 2016
Alright so I am building a gaming rig to sell, and I got everything installed. Motherboard, ram, processor, graphics card. I inspected my connections and I changed the small connections for the power switch, led, etc. So far lights are apearing from the mobo, and the power switch and there is no response from the case.

Now I am sure it's not my power supply. It's an EVGA, 750 watt power supply. Name brand and everything, and lights are appearing inside the case so power supply should be working.

Processor should be fine, because the board supports it. It's a b360-g rog strix. And I have a coffee lake processor, which requires the 300 series chipset. Coffee lake is 8th gen, and the motherboard information says it supports 8th gen processors. Right socket too. So that should be fine.

I think it's the motherboard, see when I was screwing the motherboard into the case. I dropped the screwdriver on it, no signs of visible damage but then again that doesn't really men anything. Other components could have gotten damaged, I remember also experiencing the same issue with my last motherboard. Power switch light was on and the machine wouldn't come on.

Now it appears I already answered my own question. I just wanted a second opinion, I have already ordered a new board. Even though the current one is of the right form factor. I simply just don't like the way it fits for the current case I am using not enough room to really feed the wires right. Plus more room from the power supply.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing it?.

curtis_10

Commendable
May 17, 2016

Read the manual thoroughly it didnt have the order the connectors are supposed to be in

TRENDING THREADS