[SOLVED] Light Weight Laptop

suarezian

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2015
Total budget and country of purchase:

$1000 CAD. Buying in Canada.

Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.

Any form factor is fine. Yes, a good battery life is preferred.

How important is weight and thinness to you?

Since I'll be carrying the laptop from class to class, I would prefer if it was thin and light while still offering decent power.

Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.

Windows only.

Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

14 inches is preferred. Also should be a 1080p screen.

Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

No image/video editing. Just need the laptop to run MS Office, some rocket league and football manager. Have my desktop available to run heavy games. This laptop is only to play on the go.

If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

Rocket League, Football Manager, FIFA and PUBG LITE. Would be great if it comes with a dedicated GPU but if not, no worries.

Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

A laptop with thin bezels would be great along with a backlit keyboard, but those are optional.

Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

My maximum budget is CAD 1000. So I don't want to spend anything beyond that. I really liked the LG Gram, but it looks like it's not available in Canada.