[SOLVED] Lighting for recording in OBS

Eric Stork

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2014
First time getting something like this, other lighting methods do not work. Just looking for under $40, maybe $50 option for recording, not sure about streaming right now but who knows someday.
I read up on several sites learning some things.
Based on a couple recommended for 2021 articles, I currently cut down my options to either
MACTREM 6" Ring Light
or
Neewer 2 Packs
Both are affordable first time options. My issues with these are:
1 - The MACTREM comes with short tripods for desk mounting only that is rough with limited surface space. Pictures show it looking like you can mount it on some tripods, I do have a couple I got with some photography equipment and wonder if the light could fit one or both for floor positioning.
2 - The Neewer is said in articles to desire AC power over USB but you need to buy a USB to AC adapter. Still trying to find if Neewer offers that or need to get it elsewhere.

Anyone know more about this or other good options?

EDIT - I tried using Amazon links for the 2 items but the site kept saying I did something wrong.

Solution
I think you should look into quality gear since the option of reliably built goods tend to last longer and withstand abuse.

I can see both products off of Amazon, one being 30'ish USD and the other being 20'ish USD.

Lutfij

Titan
I think you should look into quality gear since the option of reliably built goods tend to last longer and withstand abuse.

I can see both products off of Amazon, one being 30'ish USD and the other being 20'ish USD.

Solution