[SOLVED] Lights are on, no one's Home.

Jun 11, 2020
Hello Everyone,

A few days ago I rebuilt My old desktop that had a PSU failure l, I put a new gpu and PSU In and went to turn it on, the weirdest thing happened, NOTHING! 0.0 output to My tv however all the fans are spinning the lights on the pc are on, and everything is running fine(no smoke) I am using the displayport to hdmi connection as none of My tv's have displayport, however I get nothing not even a boot screen.

Specs,
AMD Fx 6300 pro
Gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2 mobo
Asus GTX 1650 gpu
Cooler Master elite v3 600w psu
12 gb ddr3

Things I've tried
Unplugging ram and checking for signal
Unplugging gpu and checking for signal
Replacing hdmi
Using multiple screens
Using mobo based vga display
Unplugging and plugging EVERYTHING back in again
Cmos battery reset
Using multiple data ports for hdd

I've also noticed the light indicating the hdd/mobo is working on the front display panel is NOT illuminating and I'm getting zero HDD "sounds" such as the disk spinning etc

I'm thinking both the PSU and gpu are bad. Becuase it can't be the mobo the gpu wouldn't power on if the mobo was bad correct?

Thanks for any help.
You are aprreciated.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that card has no external power connectors and receives all its power from the Pcie slot.

So the current flows from the PSU through the MB to the GPU.

but if the PSU is new....normally I wouldn't suspect it.

Then the next thing I would suspect is the MB....and I would take the GPU and try it in another machine to either confirm it's the GPU or eliminate it.

Jun 11, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that card has no external power connectors and receives all its power from the Pcie slot.

So the current flows from the PSU through the MB to the GPU.

but if the PSU is new....normally I wouldn't suspect it.

Then the next thing I would suspect is the MB....and I would take the GPU and try it in another machine to either confirm it's the GPU or eliminate it.
Yes I have just eliminated the PSU as I hooked up the old one and the problem persisted, You are also correct the 1650 does have pci slot power only, that's why I was thinking the mobo can't be bad if the CPU and gpu are both spinning

Yes I have just eliminated the PSU as I hooked up the old one and the problem persisted, You are also correct the 1650 does have pci slot power only, that's why I was thinking the mobo can't be bad if the CPU and gpu are both spinning
The motherboard can still be bad.

If you have access to another PC....that would be great because you could try the GPU in it.....and if it worked....it would really start looking like the motherboard.

Jun 11, 2020
The motherboard can still be bad.

If you have access to another PC....that would be great because you could try the GPU in it.....and if it worked....it would really start looking like the motherboard.
I'm almost certain. It's the mobo, I'll be ordering a replacement shortly