[SOLVED] Lights keep glowing when pc is off and even unplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2021
Very weird issue where the lights on my pc (generic cyberpower case with da red rings) keep glowing after I have turned off or unplugged my pc. It started happening recently and is annoying because it's near my bed and the lights are obnoxious. They don't go away (I have left it off for 2 days and they still glow) I literally have no idea how this is happening. Not the end of the world but I figure it probably isn't healthy for my pc (or my sleep lol.) Help or advice would be much appreciated!

Solution
By off, did you turn the wall socket off from where the power is being fed to the PSU? If yes, then you will need to look into the wiring in your crib since that isn't a good sign. If you turned off the system, as in powered down but not turning the rocker switch behind the PSU off, and the light's are still powered up, then you will need to turn the wall socket off, disconnect the PC from all devices, even monitor, press and hold down power button for 30 seconds, then reconnect and then power up.

If the issue persists, you might be having a grounding issue or your PSU is failing. Might it be possible to state what the make and model of the motherboard is in your build? BIOS version for said motherboard? Do you have an UPS between the...

Lutfij

Titan
By off, did you turn the wall socket off from where the power is being fed to the PSU? If yes, then you will need to look into the wiring in your crib since that isn't a good sign. If you turned off the system, as in powered down but not turning the rocker switch behind the PSU off, and the light's are still powered up, then you will need to turn the wall socket off, disconnect the PC from all devices, even monitor, press and hold down power button for 30 seconds, then reconnect and then power up.

If the issue persists, you might be having a grounding issue or your PSU is failing. Might it be possible to state what the make and model of the motherboard is in your build? BIOS version for said motherboard? Do you have an UPS between the wall socket and the PSU in the build?

Solution
Jan 20, 2021

If the issue persists, you might be having a grounding issue or your PSU is failing. Might it be possible to state what the make and model of the motherboard is in your build? BIOS version for said motherboard? Do you have an UPS between the wall socket and the PSU in the build?
Not sure about BIOS I'm not a computer guy but specs are Rx580 16b ram I58400. I did what you said and unplugged everything and the lights went off on the last thing I unplugged which was an HDMI cord connected to a sound system connected to two big speakers. I don't know if it was the sound system doing it or all the stuff together. My money is on the sound system tho. I will expirement more later in the day cuz I gotta get some sleep before college classes but the main issue seems to be resolved. Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS