Lightscribe won't etch in XP!

homer99

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Hey all, I am having issues with my Lightscribe drive. For about a year, I have been burning CD's and DVD's with no problems with this burner, but now I decided to try and use the Lightscribe function of it. First of all the Drive is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H62L made by LG. I am using Nero Cover Designer which is giving an error that says "Print process failed, internal error occurred." I have tried googling this problem for about an hour, but can't seem to fix the problem.

By the way, I have tried updating everything including Nero software, the actual Lightscribe Software, and firmware (even though I couldn't find any new firmware for this drive).

In addition, it WORKS IN VISTA with no problem. I am running a dual boot, and ONLY XP seems to have the problem :( So it's definitely not hardware.

I'm not sure how to post pictures in this forum, so if you need them, just ask and tell me how to do so ;)

Cheers, Homer99

yags_varriale

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I'm having the same issue same setup with different writer. I have LG's HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22LS30.

Please let me know if you have found a resolution.

pjacobsma

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
If you have the NVIDIA chipset on your mobo, go to their website and download the latest drivers. It cured this problem for me.